The Student Room Group

an international cry for help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Algorithm69
I think you misunderstand me. I'm agreeing with you. If people are being imprisoned simply for protesting peacefully then that is bad.

Well that's exactly what I'm saying I'm not looking for supporters of the muslim brotherhood this isn't even about them I just want international aid to help get these children out of prison!
Reply 21
Original post by studentegy1
I'm sorry but where on earth did you hear something like that from? there are no christians being tortured in jail AT ALL. It is the members of the muslim brotherhood who are being tortured. And again I am not spaeking on behalf of the MBs I am speaking on behalf of the young teenagers in jail who dont even belong to the MB but simply want the military coup which has killed so many people to be gone.

I think outside of Egypt no-one likes Morsi OR the Muslim brotherhood so most people are indifferent. To the West you are both as bad as each other.

It must be a difficult time in Egypt and you have my sympathies.
Reply 22
Original post by student Egy
Look how you all turned the conversation to a talk about religions! if we continued like that.. it'd be an endless discussion! we're talking about human rights,about a kid in prison..all we're talking about is that we want him back!

Islam is not compatible with human rights. So it's hypocritical for a Muslim to say their human rights are being abused when they follow a faith that is not compatible or denys other their rights.

and the reason this goes to religion is because it deals with the MUSLIM brotherhood supporters (the clue is in the name)
Reply 23
As things stand, there's no feasible alternative in Egypt other than a military coup.
It may be hard, but it seems to be the only way to tone down religiosity in Egypt.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by redferry
I think outside of Egypt no-one likes Morsi OR the Muslim brotherhood so most people are indifferent. To the West you are both as bad as each other.

It must be a difficult time in Egypt and you have my sympathies.

Guys for the hundredth time THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD I dont even care about who's running this country anymore, We just want these young kids out of prison I'm asking that you support the young children jailed not the MB or the military
Original post by PopaPork
It means we are tired of you lot killing each other all the time. You were given the chance at freedom and instead you decided to support the MB. The original protests had sod all to do with them it was a liberal movement that started this and it was sold out by MB supporters.

'Most' I mean most people in the west. We all know what happens when you get an 'Islamic' government and we want no part of it nor will we offer any support for it. It's why it's not on the news anymore as we are all a little sick of it.

It seems it's the norm for most Muslim countries but the Rabia sign is a MB sign so no sympathy here.

Everything he is a child he should have stayed away and yes they can but don't then bitch about the consequences.

It was hundreds not thousands. You do not need to lie about this to get support (in fact if you lie you will lose support).

Sorry but I know as a christian I should have empathy but I also know as a christian it stupid for me to offer any kind of support for the MB and I support my governments stance on this.

we do not need your sympathy :smile: and my only comment and question is.."is it okay to kill"hundreds"?"..they killed hundreds..OHH we should be very grateful..
ps:btw we are not in need to lie ..all the world know it ..and to be said to u for a 2nd time today.."your ignorance baffles me"
Reply 26
Guys for the hundredth time THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD I dont even care about who's running this country anymore, We just want these young kids out of prison I'm asking that you support the young children jailed not the MB or the military

But then when they're freed, there'll be further protests related to other people in jail, and so on until you're back to square one when Mubarak and Morsi were ousted.

The dust needs to settle first.
It is really sick how islamic fundamentalists effectively wage war on our civilisation then bleat about their "human rights".
Reply 28

And how are we meant to do that?
Reply 29
we do not need your sympathy :smile: and my only comment and question is.."is it okay to kill"hundreds"?"..they killed hundreds..OHH we should be very grateful..
ps:btw we are not in need to lie ..all the world know it ..and to be said to u for a 2nd time today.."your ignorance baffles me"

Bless you just want my support:biggrin:

No it's not OK but if the tables were turned the numbers would be the same so it's just a case of same **** different side.

when you stop killing each other then come back and try again

Until then all you will get is stoney ground.
Original post by Old_Simon
We saw your freely elected "democratic" government before and we in the West didn't like it very much. At least the current regime is providing stability and sanity.

we do not need to know whether you like it or not! that's what we want "independance"
Reply 31
Original post by Old_Simon
It is really sick how islamic fundamentalists effectively wage war on our civilisation then bleat about their "human rights".

As Am I.

I'd offer to go and help but have to wonder how far I would get being an openly gay christian with a muslim partner.
we do not need to know whether you like it or not! that's what we want "independance"

Well you had freedom and at the first opportunity voted for a gang of nutters.
Reply 33

but I bet you'll want to keep all the international aid you get:wink:
Reply 34
It means we are tired of you lot killing each other all the time. You were given the chance at freedom and instead you decided to support the MB. The original protests had sod all to do with them it was a liberal movement that started this and it was sold out by MB supporters.

'Most' I mean most people in the west. We all know what happens when you get an 'Islamic' government and we want no part of it nor will we offer any support for it. It's why it's not on the news anymore as we are all a little sick of it.

It seems it's the norm for most Muslim countries but the Rabia sign is a MB sign so no sympathy here.

Everything he is a child he should have stayed away and yes they can but don't then bitch about the consequences.

It was hundreds not thousands. You do not need to lie about this to get support (in fact if you lie you will lose support).

Sorry but I know as a christian I should have empathy but I also know as a christian it stupid for me to offer any kind of support for the MB and I support my governments stance on this.

Ok first of all i'm not lying those who march the streets are thousands not hundreds and they are in many cities in Egypt
Second of all Rabia is not a MB sign it is a sign that you are against the massacre that happened in Rabia
thirdly what consequences are you talking about?, you make it sound like the boy killed or stole or something, he was peacefully protesting, in what respectable country are there consequences for doing something like that?!!
And why do you insist on making this conversation a religious one, this is about humanity not religion
Bless you just want my support:biggrin:

No it's not OK but if the tables were turned the numbers would be the same so it's just a case of same **** different side.

when you stop killing each other then come back and try again

Until then all you will get is stoney ground.

we didnt ask u"in particular" for ur support..we respect those who read and learn ..those who apreciate people souls..those who respect human rights..those who respect others' religions..those who are not "racists" (definitely that is not u AT ALL :smile: )for us we disrespect ignorants AND RACISTS
ps: our victory is inevitable..we just want it to be as soon as possible for those in prison...but when this day comes when w're victorious and mohanad is out and Islam is ruling the country again..I'll certainly send u a msg to assure u we haven't landed on a stoney ground :smile:
Reply 36

I dont know what you didnt like about it and I dont know how a massacre as huge as the one that happened in Rabia can provide stability or sanity and by the way it really was democratically elected.
And my aim here is just to help the teenagers in prison and nothing else
ok then why are you implying that muslims oppress non-muslims?

How is that racist?
but I bet you'll want to keep all the international aid you get:wink:

we need international students to help their mate in prison..we want him free to take his exams :wink:
Some of the worst enemies of our history have had freely elected or democratic governments. It is not the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending