The Student Room Group

is this a sign that im weak?

this year in september in one of my lessons in school (im in yr11), we had a cover teacher and i was being picked on because i was sitting behind a boy, i was trying to tell them to stop but afterwards got told to shut up twice once by a girl and the second time the girl sitting next to her
this made me cry and i left the room, i got told that after i left the room the cover teacher and the students in the class were talking abt me the students say im weak for crying
Are you a troll? You've made numerous threads lately that seem to have no correlation between them.
Reply 2
Original post by toxicgamage56
Are you a troll? You've made numerous threads lately that seem to have no correlation between them.

no
Original post by hurtinguser
this year in september in one of my lessons in school (im in yr11), we had a cover teacher and i was being picked on because i was sitting behind a boy, i was trying to tell them to stop but afterwards got told to shut up twice once by a girl and the second time the girl sitting next to her
this made me cry and i left the room, i got told that after i left the room the cover teacher and the students in the class were talking abt me the students say im weak for crying

no

If you aren't being a troll maybe seek some professional help to speak to. StudentRoom isn't always the best place for it
Reply 4
A 15/16yo shouldn't be crying if someone tells them to shut up. However, this happened over 8 months ago, not this year, so let it go and move on.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
A 15/16yo shouldn't be crying if someone tells them to shut up. However, this happened over 8 months ago, not this year, so let it go and move on.

im sensitive and the 2nd time i got told to shut up i got called a mean name, also i have this thing where i still remember when ppl are mean to me and i cant stop thinking abt it everytime im in the same lesson
Original post by toxicgamage56

fr this is the 4th thread ive seen of this guy stressing. hurtinguser, if youre real i think you should start looking to people other than the student room for help. you are stressing/are too anxious over things that mean nothing and it is not good for you
Reply 7
im sensitive and the 2nd time i got told to shut up i got called a mean name, also i have this thing where i still remember when ppl are mean to me and i cant stop thinking abt it everytime im in the same lesson

Someone called you a name 8 months ago; that's 32 weeks or 224 days or 5376 hours! That's how much time has passed and could have been put to better use than wasted dwelling on a childish incident. Either stand up for yourself or ignore it. You're going to have to toughen up if you're going to cope with life in future.
Original post by Surnia
Someone called you a name 8 months ago; that's 32 weeks or 224 days or 5376 hours! That's how much time has passed and could have been put to better use than wasted dwelling on a childish incident. Either stand up for yourself or ignore it. You're going to have to toughen up if you're going to cope with life in future.

I think it's better to treat OP with compassion while at the same time giving them actionable advice, rather than being unhelpful, aggressive, and frankly, rude.

Hi, OP :smile: I was a very sensitive kid growing up. I don't think you're weak for crying; people say negative things to elicit a reaction, and people's reactions differ in nature or intensity. Yours prompted comments, but why should you take them into consideration if they're not willing to elaborate or give advice? They're unconstructive, so you're allowed to let go of them.

I'm going to give a few pieces of advice - feel free to consider them, and ask me if you want me to elaborate:
- Unless you say or do something that will permanently shut them up (I don't recommend that because it has to be successful and keep you out of trouble otherwise it will be more harm than good), try and ignore people picking on you. I get the desire to seek revenge or just make it stop, but short of doing what I just said, they'll get bored and distract someone else if you don't respond. Being able to ignore people or things that are a negative is a sign of strength, not vulnerability.

- Though you should never feel ashamed about crying, it is percieved as a vulnerability. Schoolchildren are vicious (post-16 is better, trust me) so for the sake of that, and in preparation for other stressful situations it might be a good idea to practice self-soothing. You can find techniques online so I'm just going to advocate for one that most people roll their eyes at but does work when done right: breathing! When you feel intense emotions, try breathing in for four seconds, holding for four seconds, breathing out for four seconds, then resting for four seconds. Rinse and repeat and you should feel somewhat calmer. It also helps to close your eyes, depending on how comfortable you are with that.

- I have struggled with rumination (alongside intrusive thoughts) for a long time, and it's hard. It helps, if you haven't already, to just accept the thought when it comes, and then it will go. If you begin to feel bad, try and gently forgive yourself and accept the situation (gently being an important word because the affirmations can become an intrusive spiral as well) I don't have very much else here because it remains a challenge for me :redface:

I hope some of this helped :smile:
PM me if you need any further advice. (in life, or in Maths :lol:) I'm not very active these days for personal reasons, but I get email notifications for every PM I get. Sometimes the advice given on TSR isn't very helpful, so hopefully you aren't feeling discouraged :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending