The Student Room Group

How/when do I apply for university accomodation?

I've just chosen my firm and insurance choices and I have no idea how or when I'm supposed to apply for accommodation. Is there a deadline for accommodation application and does this vary with the uni? Also, how do I actually apply?, it's just I haven' yet been sent anything abut applying for accommodation. BTW, I said in my UCAS application that I want to live in uni accommodation (I ticked the box).
Each university handles accommodation differently. You will have to look at both websites.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Each university handles accommodation differently. You will have to look at both websites.

OK, cheers. I'll see what info I can get.
Reply 3
Many places open at different times.
E.g. My firm Southampton has already started accepting applicants whereas my mates firm Bath hasnt.

Usually its directly through the university website and only after you firmed them.
The uni will send you an email probably tomorrow telling you when is the deadline and where to apply.
Reply 5
Original post by Jkizer
Many places open at different times.
E.g. My firm Southampton has already started accepting applicants whereas my mates firm Bath hasnt.

Usually its directly through the university website and only after you firmed them.

Hi,

how did you apply for accommodation at southampton? ive registered and made an account but i dont know where to view the halls or apply?
Reply 6
Original post by Rubyx
Hi,

how did you apply for accommodation at southampton? ive registered and made an account but i dont know where to view the halls or apply?

Ok so you made an account on the online accommodation website? Basically log in, and on the left hand side theres a few links (right under Student ID) and there should be one called 'Applications'. Click that and then scroll down to click a button 'Start new application'. You dont have to fill out many details and you can list 5 hall preferences / room types + gender preferences of dorms.

https://www.onlineaccommodation.soton.ac.uk/eServices/login/start.do
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/OurHalls.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending