The Student Room Group

Males - What sort of trousers/bottoms do you wear casually?

Am I the only one that is so ****ing uncumfortable and restricted in jeans?

Considering just buying loads of slimfit joggers for casual

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
joggers and trackies around the house. Can't be doing with sitting around in jeans all day or even walking. Jeans are alright for a couple of hours but after that, they're way too uncomfortable.
Original post by ryan9900
joggers and trackies around the house. Can't be doing with sitting around in jeans all day or even walking. Jeans are alright for a couple of hours but after that, they're way too uncomfortable.

Take my feels brah

Hate being at uni 7 hours and not being able to stretch out put my legs up and let the nuts air out
Reply 3
I think I got used to wearing jeans by the time I was 12.
Reply 4
Original post by Average_Aaron
Take my feels brah

Hate being at uni 7 hours and not being able to stretch out put my legs up and let the nuts air out

lol, I totally get you! I am a female and I really hate jeans. I too need to sit at college and feel comfy to learn, trying to re-shove my muffin top into them is way not cool. leggings all the way!! Oh yeah for guys too! :biggrin:
Chinos? Never worn them so I don't know but aren't they meant to be in between jeans and trackies in terms of comfiness and movement
Reply 6
Joggers.

Only time you'll ever catch me wearing other trousers is work or if I'm out (and by out, I mean a social event like pubs/clubs, I'll wear joggers to go shopping, cinema etc)

I honestly don't care what I look like, comfort comes first
I hate jeans. They don't have enough pockets, they're too hot in the summer and not warm enough in the winter, and if it rains they stay wet for the rest of the day. I generally wear cargo trousers or cords.
Reply 8
Joggers just make you look like a superchav. Never, ever leave the house in them if you want to be taken seriously by anyone over the age of 12.
Original post by cole-slaw
I think I got used to wearing jeans by the time I was 12.

okay im 9 so i have time
Original post by lillith
lol, I totally get you! I am a female and I really hate jeans. I too need to sit at college and feel comfy to learn, trying to re-shove my muffin top into them is way not cool. leggings all the way!! Oh yeah for guys too! :biggrin:

I think ill pass on leggings for me doe..

Original post by zKlown
Joggers.

Only time you'll ever catch me wearing other trousers is work or if I'm out (and by out, I mean a social event like pubs/clubs, I'll wear joggers to go shopping, cinema etc)

Yh think thats the approach imma take from now on. Joggers unless I'm hitting the town/clubs/restaurant or other social events

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I hate jeans. They don't have enough pockets, they're too hot in the summer and not warm enough in the winter, and if it rains they stay wet for the rest of the day. I generally wear cargo trousers or cords.

Maybactually give cords a try, never worn them
Original post by Average_Aaron

Maybactually give cords a try, never worn them

They don't generally have any more pockets, but they're a lot warmer and in my experience less constrictive.
Original post by zKlown
Joggers.

jdsports yh fam
Reply 12
Shorts. Often sports shorts, and often shorts which aren't intended for that but you can get away with. Occasionally some fractionally smarter ones which I would prefer not to play sport in.
Reply 13
Jeans because my mum threw my trackies out of my window cuz i didn't tidy me room "_" im 19 btw
Reply 14
Original post by little_tom
jdsports yh fam

Nah, they're too expensive.

I get mine from TK Maxx, they're surprisingly good for gym wear etc
I tend to wear jeans, chinos and shorts (although not often as my legs aren't amazing :frown:), it all depends on the look I'm going for on the day/where I am in the world.
Jeans or cords. I do find certain cuts of jeans remarkably uncomfortable, indeed modern fashion sometimes seems intent on creating the most horribly uncomfortable products (skinny jeans, for example), but I just wear the ones I do find comfortable, they're fine even in the summer (different weights for different times of year).

Were it not important to look a bit normal I'd just wear flannel pants everywhere.
Chinos or, if at home, pyjama trousers - I loathe jeans and finally decided enough was enough.
Armani jeans..they are so comfy..
I bought two pairs of ck "pants" that are smart, yet surprisingly comfortable.

Other than that, I wear chinos or jeans. I don't like trackies, too laid back

Quick Reply

Latest