The Student Room Group

Vet Med UVMP Kosice 2014

Hi

Ive sent off my application form now ans also emailed it just waiting for a reply! If anyone knows how long they usually take to get back to you please let me know :smile:

Also, if anyone has any sample questions from the entrance exam that would be amazingly helpful! Really worried as although we cover most of the topics they mention on the website some we dont! Or if anyone has any experience please comment! :smile:

Im applying for the 6 year course starting sept 2014 and it would be nice to hear from others to get to know a few people before I get there!

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I applied as a graduate so it may be slightly different, I sent my application two weeks ago and received my acceptation letter a week later :biggrin:

Any news yet?
Reply 2
Hi

I have been invited for the entrance exam/interview in July! Super excited :biggrin:

Do you have any idea when the academic year begins or when you plan on getting there?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi I am thinking of applying to the graduate one too but unsure if my modules will be the right ones. I am about to finish a degree in Anatomical Sciences, although I have done a lot of anatomy/physiology etc We don't learn anything about animal behavior type stuff. Do you think I would qualify for the 4 year programe and should I send my modules first before I apply or just apply and see if I qualify?
Reply 4
Hi
I think you will get in! I have heard of people with non science related degrees gaining entry. I would definitely send them an email explaining your situation. You would be exempt from the entrance exam then and be eligible for the 4 year program. They are just interested in if you have some scientific knowledge in biology and chemistry which I'm sure you do, they don't expect you to have knowledge of animal behavior. Hope this helps and good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey,
Any of you guys who are applying as graduates, is there any sort of funding which is available? As you all know, cash flow is always a bit tough so how have you all done it?
I'm seriously thinking about applying to Kosice when I graduate finish my degree, just hoping I won't have to waste too much time saving up :smile:
Reply 6
You could get a full time job for a year and get around £15000 in a year to pay the first two and a bits tutition costs and then work in holidays to pay living cost and then get a career development loan to pay last year and a bits tutition :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by blondedrmr
Hi

I have been invited for the entrance exam/interview in July! Super excited :biggrin:

Do you have any idea when the academic year begins or when you plan on getting there?

Hi It starts September 13th, I am looking to get there a week or so before hand to get used to Kosice life :biggrin:

Good luck with your entrance exam!!!
Original post by Joshwaaaa90
Hey,
Any of you guys who are applying as graduates, is there any sort of funding which is available? As you all know, cash flow is always a bit tough so how have you all done it?
I'm seriously thinking about applying to Kosice when I graduate finish my degree, just hoping I won't have to waste too much time saving up :smile:

No funding programmes, this might be of use
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~fisher/
Reply 9
Original post by brownbear1903
Hi

I applied as a graduate so it may be slightly different, I sent my application two weeks ago and received my acceptation letter a week later :biggrin:

Any news yet?

Hi! :smile:
I'm also applying as a grad this year!
Should be sending mine off this week! That is so quick for acceptance!
I was worrying i'd left it too late applying.
Are you from the UK?
X
Original post by faith16120
Hi! :smile:
I'm also applying as a grad this year!
Should be sending mine off this week! That is so quick for acceptance!
I was worrying i'd left it too late applying.
Are you from the UK?
X

Hi, yes I was really surprised they got back to me so quickly!It might have something to do with what you study, I studied Bioveterinary Science, which has a lot of overlapping content, so that might have played a part! I can only speculate!:biggrin:

Yep from the UK, how about you?what did you study?
Hi, yes I was really surprised they got back to me so quickly!It might have something to do with what you study, I studied Bioveterinary Science, which has a lot of overlapping content, so that might have played a part! I can only speculate!:biggrin:

Yep from the UK, how about you?what did you study?

Yes also the UK :smile:
In my final year of an Animal Biology degree in Nottingham but from Norfolk. You?
Have you recently graduated?

Ah I bet you're so excited!
I hope they don't take too long making their decision.. I don't think I can handle the stress haha.
Reply 12
Hi It starts September 13th, I am looking to get there a week or so before hand to get used to Kosice life :biggrin:

Good luck with your entrance exam!!!

That sounds like a good idea, some time to settle in! Thank you :biggrin: fingers crossed!
Yes also the UK :smile:
In my final year of an Animal Biology degree in Nottingham but from Norfolk. You?
Have you recently graduated?

Ah I bet you're so excited!
I hope they don't take too long making their decision.. I don't think I can handle the stress haha.

Hi, I did Bio-veterinary Science, yep graduated last year :biggrin: have you heard from them yet???
Hi, I did Bio-veterinary Science, yep graduated last year :biggrin: have you heard from them yet???

No :frown: just a generic email to say they'd received my application and it would be reviewed.
I feel like its been ages but it's not even been a week yet haha.
What have u done in your year off from uni? X
OO heard now! :smile:
I got in :biggrin:

Does anyone have facebook?
Be nice to chat before hand and also maybe get a facebook group set up :smile:

x
Hello all :smile:
I have set up a Facebook group for students starting the 4 year program this September.
Just search 'UVM Kosice 4 year Bsc Students 2014'
I thought it would be nice for us all to chat and get to know each other before we all start together in a few months!
Lucy
xx
Reply 17
Original post by blondedrmr
Hi

Ive sent off my application form now ans also emailed it just waiting for a reply! If anyone knows how long they usually take to get back to you please let me know :smile:

Also, if anyone has any sample questions from the entrance exam that would be amazingly helpful! Really worried as although we cover most of the topics they mention on the website some we dont! Or if anyone has any experience please comment! :smile:

Im applying for the 6 year course starting sept 2014 and it would be nice to hear from others to get to know a few people before I get there!

Hey I'm at UVMP, 1st year of 6 year course, happy to try and help if you have any questions:smile:
Hey,
Great news!! its quite funny how quickly and easy the process is when comparing it to the UK!
Searched for the group could n't find it :confused::confused:

Hello all :smile:
I have set up a Facebook group for students starting the 4 year program this September.
Just search 'UVM Kosice 4 year Bsc Students 2014'
I thought it would be nice for us all to chat and get to know each other before we all start together in a few months!
Lucy
xx
Hey,
Great news!! its quite funny how quickly and easy the process is when comparing it to the UK!
Searched for the group could n't find it :confused::confused:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421386548111269/
Try that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending