The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

HELP ME! Dont know what to do! Ahhhhh!!

September 2013 I enrolled at Anglia Ruskin university to study English literature
A few weeks in I knew the course wasnt for me and that i had made a huge mistake in going to university as the experience on a whole was disappointing

Since i had applied through clearing I had also applied for student finance later and had issues with that and paperwork so wasnt getting any money so of course needed to find a part time job to sustain me untill it came through

I started to work more and not turn up to lectures, not letting my university know i had officially dropped out.
I STILL have not recieved my student finance and i am unsure of what to do

Do i cancel my student finance for this year and write it off as just a gap year? Or will I still have to pay uni fees even though I havent been attending and they have an electronic tap in device to see who turns up, so it can be proven i havent been going

What are my options?

I want to study interior design instead but feel like ive ruined everything :frown:

PLEASE HELP :frown:
Hi, I would really recommend taking advantage of what Anglia Ruskin can still help you with e.g. student service money advice can still talk you through student finance and the loans systems and what you can do. If you contact [email protected] and explain your situation they will provide you with the necessary information. Was it just the course that wasnt right for you? It's understandable that you might not want to continue once you start and people change their mind throughout their life as to what they want to do so it's not an issue at all. Cambridge School of Art offer BA Interior Design so if Cambridge is still the right place for you you may want to explore the opportunities on this course. If so, let me know and I can arrange a one2one with the course leader in Interior Design to talk you through what the course is like and the opportunities you'll have.

You do need to let them know if you do not intend to continue with your course though.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Missmolly19
x

Officially leave the university, ask them about the fees and phone student finance. You haven't ruined everything, although I know it can feel like that. I started a degree and realised it was totally wrong for me, I took the year off, had a think about things and am starting a degree which I am much happier with in September, so if you want to do interior design, spend the year getting experience and apply for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending