The Student Room Group

Bath or Imperial

I am currently siting on offers from Bath and Imperial - civil engineering and architecture for bath and civil engineering for imperial. I am stuck on which uni to choose due to several reasons:

Bath - Course includes architecture which I really like, nice location, really good atmosphere at the uni, 7th best uni in the country, out of London
Imperial - 2nd in the country for civil engineering, inside London so for 2nd year I can live at homes (cheaper), 10th best uni in the world

Downsides:
Bath - 2.5 hours drive from were I live, not as well recognized as Imperial
Imperial - Not as good uni atmosphere - a very studying focused atmosphere, lower employment rate after 6 months (could be due number of phd students).

I would be really grateful if anyone could out an input anything to help me make a decision.
Hm... assuming your offers are almost the same and you'd have no problem getting the required grades, I'd go with Imperial.
I don't know too much about the employment rate, but studying is a major part of university life. If you can't handle it, then that's another issue. The fact that Imperial is one of the best clearly shows that the studying is going to be just as rigorous. I suppose it depends on your academic prowess again.
If I'd picked Bath, I have a feeling I would have regretted not choosing Imperial. But that's just me. I like being challenged.
Reply 2
Bath will give you a far better student experience in terms of social life, but imperial is better academically and more respected. Not sure it'll make a big difference though, I'm sure graduates from both universities will find employment as long as they do well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest