The Student Room Group

Hassan Mohammed becomes first parent in UK charged with Female Genital Mutilation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Viva Emptiness
The parts of that post that weren't idiocy didn't make any sense, so laters.

nice laters mate
Reply 41
Original post by James222
Potentially women is at risk of trafficking

A much smaller percentage are at risk of FGM.
The conviction rate is 0 because its so rare

I don't know about you but personally I would much rather be trafficked than have my clitorus cut out, inner labia removed and then my outer labia cut and sown together, my legs bound together so it heals, and a small item such as a matchstick inserted between them leaving a small hole the size of a pinhead for me to urinate and menstruate out of, leading to difficulties urinating and menstruating and numerous urinary tract infections throughout my life. Then when it comes to having sex either my husband forces his pemis through said hole or uses a knife to cut it open, regularly having sex with me so the wound does not heal shut. Then, when I come to give birth they have to cut the entire area open.

I am sorry but I don't think there is anything on this planet that I wouldnt rather have done to me
Potentially women is at risk of trafficking

A much smaller percentage are at risk of FGM.
The conviction rate is 0 because its so rare

4000 women treated for it in London alone since 2009. If you think that this is such a small number that we don't need to worry about it then so you should think the same about child abduction.
Reply 43
Original post by redferry
I don't know about you but personally I would much rather be trafficked than have my clitorus cut out, inner labia removed and then my outer labia cut and sown together, my legs bound together so it heals, and a small item such as a matchstick inserted between them leaving a small hole the size of a pinhead for me to urinate and menstruate out of, leading to difficulties urinating and menstruating and numerous urinary tract infections throughout my life. Then when it comes to having sex either my husband forces his pemis through said hole or uses a knife to cut it open, regularly having sex with me so the wound does not heal shut. Then, when I come to give birth they have to cut the entire area open.

I am sorry but I don't think there is anything on this planet that I wouldnt rather have done to me

Oh yes lets play the guilt trip card.
Try and read outside the bubble never heard of a man using a knife during sex.

As the border opens up to more of eastern europe, women being offered fake jobs than turn out to be forced slaverly like prostitution is a huge issue. Its far far worse than anything short of murder. Parents taking children out of the country for fgm is horrible but a tiny in comparison
Reply 44

As the border opens up to more of eastern europe, women being offered fake jobs than turn out to be forced slaverly like prostitution is a huge issue. Its far far worse than anything short of murder. Parents taking children out of the country for fgm is horrible but a tiny in comparison

You haven't spent time with someone who has had type 3 fgm then because that is the reality of it. As I said, I can't imagine anything worse. Even forced prostitution.
Reply 45

Wait, so... you think that human trafficking would currently be all over the headlines were it not for FGM being in them right now? Or do you not actually have a point beyond 'I would have heard of the specifics of sex with victims of FGM if it was the kind of issue I'm being told'? Because if my husband had had to use a knife to get access to my vagina to have sex with me when we first got together, I would totally be telling complete strangers with no cultural awareness. (Sarcasm)
Reply 46
What an utterly ridiculous poll. Male circumcision is completely different unlike FGM it doesn't cause harm. Banning it would pretty much be ban Jewish boys.

If male circumcision did cause long lasting damage then that would be different.
Reply 47
Original post by Ronove
Wait, so... you think that human trafficking would currently be all over the headlines were it not for FGM being in them right now? Or do you not actually have a point beyond 'I would have heard of the specifics of sex with victims of FGM if it was the kind of issue I'm being told'? Because if my husband had had to use a knife to get access to my vagina to have sex with me when we first got together, I would totally be telling complete strangers with no cultural awareness. (Sarcasm)

Yea i really expect to be told by word of mouth about using knifes to get access to vagina. A few horror stories are not representative

I think FGM is convenient issue for the media, it suits them and politicians to keep it at the top of the news agenda
Reply 48
Good. The thought of what they even do disgusts me.

Without wanting to be graphic, is there a male equivalent? Or is that circumcision?
Reply 49
Original post by Falcatas
What an utterly ridiculous poll. Male circumcision is completely different unlike FGM it doesn't cause harm. Banning it would pretty much be ban Jewish boys.

If male circumcision did cause long lasting damage then that would be different.

It woulbnt "ban Jewish boys" just child abuse. if a jew or a muslim wants to get his penis disfigured , he should wait to 18 and then make the choice himself, just lke a boob job or lip surgery, rather than a child being abused in this way. F or M, they are both unecessarry surgical disfigurment of the genitals due to old customs. both F and M genital mutitlation were common place in the early 1st millennium, thankfully in the 3rd millennium its becoming less so. Criminal convictions would also speed up the process
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes
Other other issues like human sex traffickers are more important and common .

Just because something else is more common that doesn't mean a topic like FGM deserves less coverage. I think it's pretty important actually because it's mutilation of genitals. It's barbaric and it's torture and it's a practice that needs to be stamped out, completely.
Reply 51
Original post by PeterG92
Good. The thought of what they even do disgusts me.

Without wanting to be graphic, is there a male equivalent? Or is that circumcision?

There is no male equivalent, except for castration tbh.

FGM is horrible.
Reply 52
I think the perception we have it is all done brutally with a razor is the bush. This is only the poor. those that can afford take their kids to be mutilated but it is done under anaesthetic. It is common in East Africa. Kids often get sent by their parents in U.K. to have done in Africa by doctors. The kids are unaware of what has been done and their is nothing like the level of trauma. How can you prevent this? The case against this doctor was in someone who already had been mutilated and rather than fix her he caused further mutilation? How can this be proven? I would want to know further details of the case. I wouldn't automatically assume guilt, wait until the trail is over before assuming guilt.
Reply 53
Original post by Falcatas

Male circumcision can cause lasting damage also. It is completely unnecessary operation done for cultural reasons without the consent of the child. Most of the critism is against mutilation is against the poor Somalians girls that have had it in the bush by cutters. Yes some forms are excessively brutal but What we see in the uk with second generation uk born are having done by doctors abroad under anaesthesia and I don't think they perform such brutal forms. This is why laws are not inforcable to stopping the practice in uk. If they were male circumcision should be stopped also as I believe the same principles apply.
Reply 54
For those interested in comparisons between FGM and circumcision, I found this to be an excellent and very thorough analysis.
Reply 55
So sad this man has had his life ruined to appease the sensibilities of white guardianistas.
Original post by KingCrab
So sad this man has had his life ruined to appease the sensibilities of white guardianistas.

Even more sad that he's going to get sodomised repeatedly in jail :frown:

Oh wait, that's not sad.
Reply 57
Original post by DaveSmith99
Even more sad that he's going to get sodomised repeatedly in jail :frown:

Oh wait, that's not sad.

Sounds like you're living out a gay fantasy through your posts on here.

Interesting that people like you are opposed to FGM (as you call it) but do not mind homosexual torture.

No wonder you people vote and support gay marriage.
I always thought it was bizarre that certain ethnic groups can have a doctor remove their male infant's foreskin. What do other males think of it?

(As a female I shouldn't really impose my views on what should and shouldn't be done)
Original post by redferry

It causes so many health problems and often means the woman needs to have her scar tissue cut with a knife before sex. Its either that or it is bludgeoned open by a penis. And then the cut needs to heal open so she has to engage in regular sex through a gaping wound. I couldn't imagine anything worse personally.

Yep, it is horrific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending