The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

English language and Literature

Hi, I got an offer to study English language and literature. Could anyone tell me a bit more about the course and whether they enjoy it or not? Or a day in the life of an English student? Thank you.
Hi Sonam5,
Congrats again on your offer to study English at King's :smile:

In case you haven't yet watched this video, here is a link to the talk about your subject that was given at the Open Day back in September. It may help to give you more details about the course. You'll find another video in that playlist about student life at King's which may be helpful to you as well.

If you have more questions about student life, I can try to find a current English Language & Literature student who can give you some insight as well. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Thanks,
Sabi
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by King’s College London
Hi Sonam5,
Congrats again on your offer to study English at King's :smile:

In case you haven't yet watched this video, here is a link to the talk about your subject that was given at the Open Day back in September. It may help to give you more details about the course. You'll find another video in that playlist about student life at King's which may be helpful to you as well.

If you have more questions about student life, I can try to find a current English Language & Literature student who can give you some insight as well. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

Thanks,
Sabi

Hi! I also got an offer for English Literature and Language. I have watched both of these videos and I would really love to talk to a current student as I have so many questions regarding the course. Is there a sense of community in the English Department? How often do we meet our personal tutors? When will we get a reading list for September? Do we need to purchase all of the books on the reading list? How much time on average per week does an English literature student spend reading? Is is possible to study a modern language as part of the degree? In general what are the pros and cons of doing English Literature & Language at KCL?
Thanks!!!
Hi desi.k,
Great questions! I'll see if I can find an English student to answer those for you soonest! I'll have them post back to this thread.

Thanks! :smile:
Sabi
Reply 4
Original post by King’s College London
Hi desi.k,
Great questions! I'll see if I can find an English student to answer those for you soonest! I'll have them post back to this thread.

Thanks! :smile:
Sabi

Thank you! That would be great!
Reply 5
Hi,
Yes, it would be really helpful for us to get in touch with a current KCL student studying English. I was going to ask similar questions to the ones desi.k posted. Thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest