The Student Room Group

Newcastle University Accomodation

Seriously struggling to decide on uni accomodation for Newcastle for September 2014, can anyone help me out, what's the best to go for? I would like quite sociable halls.
I'm going to Newcastle University in September; that's if I get the grades.
Basically, I have some friends up there that I visit quite a lot. They are in Richardson Road accommodation - typically known to be the party halls. If you want to be completely sociable and find it easy to block out a lot of noise when you are trying to work then they are perfect. In Ricky, the music never stops and there will nearly always be noise and parties so be warned.
Opposite Ricky is Marris House. Admittedly, it's basically a quieter version of Ricky. I have another friend in Marris and she says that they go to Ricky every night for parties, but then have the luxury of going home to Marris where there isn't endless music and loud noise.
The rest... I've no clue. But they are the two I suggest for the party halls.
In their 2014-2015 Accommodation guide Castle leazes halls will no longer have 24 hr Security ,so I think this will be the new party hall!!!!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by LanguageNerd123
I'm going to Newcastle University in September; that's if I get the grades.
Basically, I have some friends up there that I visit quite a lot. They are in Richardson Road accommodation - typically known to be the party halls. If you want to be completely sociable and find it easy to block out a lot of noise when you are trying to work then they are perfect. In Ricky, the music never stops and there will nearly always be noise and parties so be warned.
Opposite Ricky is Marris House. Admittedly, it's basically a quieter version of Ricky. I have another friend in Marris and she says that they go to Ricky every night for parties, but then have the luxury of going home to Marris where there isn't endless music and loud noise.
The rest... I've no clue. But they are the two I suggest for the party halls.

Ok thanks! that's a great help :smile:
Reply 4
I'm really struggling with deciding on accommodation for Newcastle uni!
Struggling to decide between Park Terrace and Castle Court as a first choice, bit annoying as there is no images of park terrace...Does anyone know which will be more laid back and less "rah" packed?

I got an unexpected unconditional offer to study Law and took it immediately, though now i'm quite worried as I've heard it's packed with rugby playing toffs...I'm just a really common girl from Middlesbrough, can't believe they have so many offer holders from private schools! I went to quite a rough state school and just a normal college, my dad's a roofer and my mum's unemployed so I'm now getting extremely worried that I'll not fit in as I'm about as common as they come, i'm pretty sociable so hopefully that will help!

Any advice on the uni and what en suite self catered accommodation to go for would be much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending