The Student Room Group

Computer science

Leeds, Lancaster or Newcastle for computer science?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Luis2005
Thanks

Go and visit each and try and get a feel for each city. Then choose. Please do not choose based on perceived prestige. Employers only care what you can do and what you know. They don't care about the university you studied at.

Good luck!
Thanks

Hi @Luis2005,

How exciting that you are looking to study computer science at uni! 😊

I would say it's important to pick the right university for you and one that you can see yourself spending the next 3 or so years of your life at. A great way to get a feel for each university is by attending one of their open days, the dates for these are usually found on the universities website.

Attending an open day will give you the best insight to the campus and facilities including accomodation which you can take a tour of. You will also get the chance to meet with current students and staff where you can ask any questions you may have.

I hope this help, let me know if you have any questions, 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Thanks

Hi @Luis2005,
I'd recommend looking at the universities as a whole, would you prefer a campus or a city university? Also, maybe look at the topics you could study under each course, as the same course at different universities will teach different modules as see which of these you prefer.
If you have any questions about Lancaster, i'd be more than happy to answer them!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 4
Thanks

If you want to be a developer it does not matter which one you choose. But you can look at their curriculums and you can pick one of them.
Reply 5
Thanks

Look through the course modules to make a decision.

When I was deciding between Edinburgh (4 year course + year in industry) and Imperial, that's what helped me to come to a decision for 2024 entry. Imperial offers many more practical focussed modules and so this led me to go for Imperial (I loved Edinburgh as a city and CS is flagship there so why wouldn't I consider it?).
Thanks

Hi,

I hope you are doing well.

UEL offers BSc Computer science and applications can be made using the following link: BSc (Hons) Computer Science | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

UEL holds Open Events for prospective students. This would be a great opportunity for you to speak to current students, Academics and also have a campus tour. It can be booked online using the following link:
Undergraduate Open Days | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

You can also speak to Student Ambassadors studying your course. They can be reached using the following website:
Chat to our students | University of East London (uel.ac.uk)

For further information, please feel free to contact Applicant Engagement via telephone on 0208 223 3333.

-Anisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending