**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F581 13th MAY 2014 THREAD************

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2653276

F582 DISCUSSIONS CAN COMMENCE HERE
Original post by tomixox

F582 DISCUSSIONS CAN COMMENCE HERE

Please attach the link again, it doesn't work here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 502
Original post by May-o2q
Please attach the link again, it doesn't work here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 503
If you only wrote about taxation, how many marks would you get? :/
MR E can you release the mark scheme for micro economics exam before macro exam, so i know what i have to get in macro to get an A
Reply 505
I was thinking after I did the exam that the question where you were supposed to shift both demand supply to the right, wasn't demand supposed to be price elastic? Or was that assumption wrong that demand was price elastic. Because I know that in some mark schemes they ask you to draw the curve as elastic if thats what it states in the case study. I've lost marks like that before. Don't think anyone has mentioned this so maybe its just me?
Original post by sergue
If you only wrote about taxation, how many marks would you get? :/

I think if you only wrote about taxation and said that it solved the market failure this would get you into Band 3 Lvl 2 in the mark scheme so you will be able to get 12-13 marks as you haven't done a discussion for it :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by Muj786
I was thinking after I did the exam that the question where you were supposed to shift both demand supply to the right, wasn't demand supposed to be price elastic? Or was that assumption wrong that demand was price elastic. Because I know that in some mark schemes they ask you to draw the curve as elastic if thats what it states in the case study. I've lost marks like that before. Don't think anyone has mentioned this so maybe its just me?

i don't think the elasticity of demand played any role in answering that question. Aslong as you showed both the demand and supply curves shifting to the right, and correctly labelled the diagram and did a correct explanation, then you should be on for 6/6 on that question.
is anyone doing an unofficial mark scheme? come on boys
When is it that the official grade boundaries are released?
What happened to the markscheme that EdwardEconomics said he would provide lol
Original post by jennymartin555
When is it that the official grade boundaries are released?

Usually the day before results

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are everyone's predictions for the A grade boundary?
Reply 513
is there any mark schemes?
Original post by jennymartin555
What are everyone's predictions for the A grade boundary?

My guess is 46 or 49 for an A cos that paper was relatively easy compared to past papers
Reply 515
How did everyone do???
Original post by tomixox
How did everyone do???

I somehow got a D in F581, even though my predicted grade was a high A and I thought it went well, does anybody have the student mark scheme that was around here at the time?
Original post by anorris13
I somehow got a D in F581, even though my predicted grade was a high A and I thought it went well, does anybody have the student mark scheme that was around here at the time?

In a similar position to you. My predicted grade was a B and I got an E and did way better in unit 2 ad I thought that was the hardest! :s-smilie:
Original post by anorris13

Oh my god me too, i somehow got a ****ing D on unit 1 and I was like oh...wtf is going on cos unit 1 is way easier than unit 2? and in unit 2 I got a high B?
I will definitely resit it and hope to get an A or B overall the whole Alevel depends on the up coming A2 difficulties.
I got an A overall but did better in unit 2, I thought I'd smashed unit 1 and struggled with unit 2 doesn't make sense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending