The Student Room Group

The most touching or sad movies you've seen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by That Bearded Man
Iron Giant

End conversation

Ooh Iron Giant, I remember that! Oh the nostalgia
Original post by grgrgr
Ooh Iron Giant, I remember that! Oh the nostalgia

Jennifer Anisten was in it!
Reply 82
Pursuit of happiness
Titanic
My sister's keeper
Harry Potter
We're the Millers (cried from laughing so much)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
oh and million dollar baby

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bridge to Terabithia!

and I watched Dear John on my own recently and cried for the whole film
Original post by Pisces20
Pursuit of happiness
Titanic
My sister's keeper
Harry Potter
We're the Millers (cried from laughing so much)

Posted from TSR Mobile

My boyfriend made me watch The pursuit of happiness once because it is one of his favourite films and he said that it was 'a bit sad but mostly happy' biggest lie he has ever told I cried so much!
Reply 86
Original post by heatherc27
My boyfriend made me watch The pursuit of happiness once because it is one of his favourite films and he said that it was 'a bit sad but mostly happy' biggest lie he has ever told I cried so much!

Lmao 'a bit sad' :awesome:
yeah I can understand I remember crying loads aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Must admit that when i was younger it used to be Marley and me!

Awaiting insults! :ashamed:
Toy Story 3 - why did Andy have to leave them ?????
Reply 89
Conviction(2010)MV5BMjEwNzUzNTk0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE1MTk1Mw@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
My Girl(1991)MV5BMTkwNjA5MzQ2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjAxMDYyMQ@@._V1._SY209_CR4,0,140,209_.jpg

Brideheads Revisited Mini Series(1981) MV5BMTc3NzgzNzE0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg0OTIyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Forrest Gump(1994) MV5BMTQwMTA5MzI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY5Mzg3OA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

P.S I love you(2007) MV5BNTg2MDg4MjI5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ0MDczMw@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
The Man in the Moon(1991)MV5BMTM4MDU0NDY0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg1ODE1NA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
Washington Square(1997)MV5BNTE4ODg5MTU5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk5MDcyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
The Cure (1995) MV5BNTcyMDM2NjkzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg0MDcyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Jane Eyre mini series (2006) MV5BMTQ0NjkxNjk5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA1MzI0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

These ones, I particularly remember for not just being touching but also making me shed some tears.
Reply 90
My emotional threshold is rather low and so many films have a strong impact on me. Below are the main films that I can think of:

Titanic (of course)

Pretty Woman
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Help
I Am Sam
P.S. I Love You
Flipped (highly recommend)
Grave of the Fireflies

Marley & Me
Bridge to Terabithia
The Pianist
About a Boy
Edward Scissorhands
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Watership Down
13 Going on 30
A Cinderella Story

On another note, my most favourite film ever is Notting Hill - I simply adore Julia Roberts.
I'm one of those psychos that barely bat an eyelash if a human dies in a movie, but if an animal's hurt in anyway- I ball my eyes out. So pretty much anything from Black Beauty, War Horse to Hachiko (permanently traumatised):cry2:
Reply 92
Omg don't forget the vow soo amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
I liked "The Butterfly Effect", also "The green Mile" is good
Reply 94
million dollar baby
vanilla sky
Original post by grgrgr
I tend to get emotional easily when I watch movies but there's some movies that still really make me cry every time I watch them, like for example Schindler's list, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, Hair, Dead Poet's Society or Les Misérables. What movies made you cry or touched you the most?

I also have to confess that I cried all the way through the last Harry Potter movie when I went to see it, from like the first minutes until the very end because I felt like it was the end of my childhood when Harry Potter ended :colondollar:

Hachiko: A Dog's Tale.
Reply 96
Original post by Aivicore
- Safety Not Guaranteed
- Grave of the Fireflies

...And a shedload more, which aren't springing to mind right now!

2046!!! A film not really well known. I really like it but i didn't cry or anything, i don't think it's actually that sad?
Reply 97
Original post by lmorgan95
seven pounds is a really good film

Yes!! Also the pursuit of happyness [not a typo!]
Kes. Possibly of its time, and I wouldn't have expected many on here to have seen it, but utterly heartbreaking.

Still has a 100% critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Reply 99
Original post by That Bearded Man
Jennifer Anisten was in it!

Was she? Didn't even know that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest