The Student Room Group

Desesperate because of my bf amount of times playing video games

We’ve been dating for 3 yearsWe just moved in together and ironically I feel like we are more far away from each other now…My bf is a gamer and I don’t mind itBut I feel like now he is playing way too much and putting me aside He Is playing like every night, sometimes I come back from work and he’s playing then we talk and laugh like for five minutes have dinner and he goes back to play his game and I’m going to bed alone most of the time I don’t mind him having hobbies, friends etc, I have my own, sometimes I like to do things alone, with my friends like we are not forced to be always together The idea that he plays video game time to time when Idk I’m watching my series or doing my sport is fine to me I believe a good balance is important to not be co-dependant but I feel like there’s no even balance, playing games and chatting online with his friends are his prioritiesThis night was the last straw, I like Halloween and horror movies, we planned to see a movie at home and I was like cool we will finally have a lil date night, only between him and I, and until we fall asleep but then when the movie ended, he stayed a bit with me and just like that he got up and went to play video games with his friends, what is worse is, while we were watching the movie, I saw him watching on his phone his ps account like he was checking who was connected and ready to play, I feel like for him it is a chore to spend time with me…We can maybe think “at least he did something with you, you shouldn’t ask for the moon” Like Idk, if sometimes he wants to play game at night I’m okay but we cannot have a whole night together anymore ?Last week-end we invited some members of his family to come over, he didn’t touch his PlayStation while they were there and I was happy because we would be close but the day they leave the same day he went back to videogaming all night like… Am I just boring to him ?It’s been 2 month that we’ve been together and tbh…. I’m disappointed, I thought living together would have made us closer but I feel less close and less connected to him than we were the 3years before moving inWe don’t go out, we only stay at home and most of the time he’s playingI know communication is important but I don’t know if I’m being unreasonable so before talking to him I’d like point of view on my situation please
Dump him.

You've already given him a 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance to change, and he hasn't. He's just gotten more entrenched in his addictive game behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending