The Student Room Group

How do u find out what would you like to do for a career?

to be honest, I have no idea and do not know what I am passionate about or what I like . Also, I am hesitating whether I should go for a foundation or a level.
Original post by jess stuart2023
to be honest, I have no idea and do not know what I am passionate about or what I like . Also, I am hesitating whether I should go for a foundation or a level.

Most people will have some ideas about what they might like to do based upon subjects they enjoy, people they know (e.g. family members) who do particular jobs, jobs they've seen on movies or TV that seem interesting or appealing in some way, things they done as hobbies or activities outside school, etc.

If you really have no idea what you want to do, then you are not alone.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a foundation" given that you are considering doing it or "a level". You don't mean a foundation degree, or the foundation year of an undergraduate, presumably. So to what are you referring?
Original post by jess stuart2023

Don't think about what you are interested in / passionate about, think about what you've spent your free time on in the last week for example, it should give somewhat of an indication of what you're interested in.

If not, what are you good at? You often enjoy things you're good at, and you're often good at things you enjoy. In which subjects at GCSE were you the best?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending