Tell that you've looked at their LinkedIn profile even if you don't have an account?

Watch
**Heart & Soul**
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,
I'm starting a new job ... and thought why not get to know about the people i'll be working with... so i went on LinkedIn... technology really isn't my forte...
Now i'm aware that it's slightly stalkerish but i was just curious but now i'm slightly paranoid...
I don't have an account but I was logged into FB and other accounts at the time, can they tell who viewed their profile?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated! xx
pane123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, if you don't have a LinkedIn account they will not know who viewed their profile.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by **Heart & Soul**)
Ah thanks, that's reassuring.. just one more question.. also if you accidentally press the connect button and it links to their fb page?
(sorry i must appear so ignorant) x
I doubt it'd link to their facebook page.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abdul-karim-ali/94/4b7/bab

On the top right corner of the page there's the option to message or add to network. All it does is just sends that person a request to accept your invitation. From that it's kind of like a Business centered Facebook where users can post etc..
**Heart & Soul**
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
I doubt it'd link to their facebook page.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abdul-karim-ali/94/4b7/bab

On the top right corner of the page there's the option to message or add to network. All it does is just sends that person a request to accept your invitation. From that it's kind of like a Business centered Facebook where users can post etc..
So to clarify, if you accidentally press to send a request or contact but don't have an account and don't press anything further they won't be able to see?
Thanks xx
seriousme
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yup, they won't know it's you.
El Salvador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They will know someone viewed it, possibly with a geographical location, but won't know it's you.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They won't know it's you, nor will they know if you viewed their Facebook Pages or Profiles.

If I'm doing any of these kinds of things I either run them in Chrome Incognito windows so I'm not logged into anything, or I use fake accounts; sometimes from bugmenot.com, but not always.
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's nothing unusual at looking up the staff of the company you're going to be working for on LinkedIn.
addylad
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Planto)
There's nothing unusual at looking up the staff of the company you're going to be working for on LinkedIn.
This. The only unusual thing is being caught, which thanks to Google's Incognito, is easy to avoid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sampson113
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To be honest not sure how linkedin gonna fit in with the student markets really, just not that helpful. BTW I found out this new YouJoin.com thingy, looks quite interesting comparing to LinkedIn. But not sure when they started tho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (535)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (649)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (320)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.57%

Watched Threads