The Student Room Group

Tell that you've looked at their LinkedIn profile even if you don't have an account?

Hi,
I'm starting a new job ... and thought why not get to know about the people i'll be working with... so i went on LinkedIn... technology really isn't my forte...
Now i'm aware that it's slightly stalkerish but i was just curious but now i'm slightly paranoid...
I don't have an account but I was logged into FB and other accounts at the time, can they tell who viewed their profile?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated! xx
Reply 1
No, if you don't have a LinkedIn account they will not know who viewed their profile.
Original post by **Heart & Soul**
Ah thanks, that's reassuring.. just one more question.. also if you accidentally press the connect button and it links to their fb page?
(sorry i must appear so ignorant) x

I doubt it'd link to their facebook page.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abdul-karim-ali/94/4b7/bab

On the top right corner of the page there's the option to message or add to network. All it does is just sends that person a request to accept your invitation. From that it's kind of like a Business centered Facebook where users can post etc..
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I doubt it'd link to their facebook page.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/abdul-karim-ali/94/4b7/bab

On the top right corner of the page there's the option to message or add to network. All it does is just sends that person a request to accept your invitation. From that it's kind of like a Business centered Facebook where users can post etc..

So to clarify, if you accidentally press to send a request or contact but don't have an account and don't press anything further they won't be able to see?
Thanks xx
Reply 4
Yup, they won't know it's you.
They will know someone viewed it, possibly with a geographical location, but won't know it's you.
Reply 6
They won't know it's you, nor will they know if you viewed their Facebook Pages or Profiles.

If I'm doing any of these kinds of things I either run them in Chrome Incognito windows so I'm not logged into anything, or I use fake accounts; sometimes from bugmenot.com, but not always.
Reply 7
There's nothing unusual at looking up the staff of the company you're going to be working for on LinkedIn.
Original post by Planto
There's nothing unusual at looking up the staff of the company you're going to be working for on LinkedIn.

This. The only unusual thing is being caught, which thanks to Google's Incognito, is easy to avoid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
To be honest not sure how linkedin gonna fit in with the student markets really, just not that helpful. BTW I found out this new YouJoin.com thingy, looks quite interesting comparing to LinkedIn. But not sure when they started tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending