The Student Room Group

LinkedIn crisis

I made a LinkedIn profile last week out of curiosity I have looked up my ex boyfriend who just disappeared on me about 2 years ago (together 12 years) obviously it had notified him I’ve looked then he has looked at mine, he has turned up at my house tonight with his new girlfriend trying to break in being aggressive to the point I had to lock myself in the bathroom call police as I thought I was going to die! Am I in the wrong for being curious? His response is over the top? Police are looking for him but I can hear him now calling me a stalker!
Reply 1
Ur ex honestly just sounds a bit unstable, what he did isnt even over the top its just so weird
Reply 2
Original post by Ariichu
Ur ex honestly just sounds a bit unstable, what he did isnt even over the top its just so weird

Im I bad for being curious? It’s got me in a right state police are doing nothing
You're allowed to look at a LinkedIn profile years after the fact.
He did that over a linkedin post...?? He sounds like he needs to be in an asylum. Anyway, what I recommend you do is change your linkedin settings so that people aren't notified when you go on their profile.
Reply 5
Original post by Whatsit
Im I bad for being curious? It’s got me in a right state police are doing nothing

U being curious about where an ex is after years is perfectly fine. You didnt even try messaging them or anything like that, u just looked at their profile, ur completely in the fine
My favourite part of this tale is how it totally happened.
Original post by StriderHort

Does tie in with a previous post. Not sure why the new GF came with them though.
Original post by Admit-One
Does tie in with a previous post. Not sure why the new GF came with them though.

It's the long con, I stand by my sarcasm :grumble:
Reply 9
Original post by StriderHort

What do you mean?
Reply 10

Apparently because he’s just recently met her from a dating site (bumble) and been together for about a year he is now her man! He did this same act a few years ago with a previous short term girlfriend
Original post by Whatsit
Apparently because he’s just recently met her from a dating site (bumble) and been together for about a year he is now her man! He did this same act a few years ago with a previous short term girlfriend

I don't doubt that he has a partner, I was just confused why she agreed to travel with him to his ex's house, at night, so he could be abusive for the 'offence' of viewing a LinkedIn profile. If he has a history of MH issues then that part is understandable but I can't fathom her tagging along. Oh well.
Original post by Whatsit
I made a LinkedIn profile last week out of curiosity I have looked up my ex boyfriend who just disappeared on me about 2 years ago (together 12 years) obviously it had notified him I’ve looked then he has looked at mine, he has turned up at my house tonight with his new girlfriend trying to break in being aggressive to the point I had to lock myself in the bathroom call police as I thought I was going to die! Am I in the wrong for being curious? His response is over the top? Police are looking for him but I can hear him now calling me a stalker!

An online stalker maybe lol. I totally get it, you looked at his profile not only he saw or perhaps his gf did too or he spoke to her about it and she was probably like 'who the f*ck is that! It may have even caused an argument between them as she might have thought you were trying to get back in touch with him/were in touch. So he got peeved over all the aggro it caused with his gf and decide to pay you a visit. His gf probably thought, 'hey I'm not letting him go around there without me being present, I want to see what this is all about'. So they both go around to see you and it all kicks off.

I personally always have two profiles on ever social media site, one for personal and one for stalking lol :wink: In truth I am never really bothered about stalking in its sinister firm like you and likely many just casually curious about what happened to who from way back. However, I never like to show up on the radar unless it's someone I knew well of recent and would be comfortable knowing they know I've looked or to connect with. Yeah for sure though even with my personal profile as well as my covert one I'm dead careful to make sure I know what my privacy settings are set to before looking anyone up. I'm not expecting the sort of incident you had but really to avoid embarrassment and/or others wondering. So yeah, be careful with sticking your name on social media profiles before looking anyone up. If it's someone I would prefer they didn't know then I usually do so with different name on profile and any anonymous setting just to be sure for peace of mind. Might sound creepy to some but curiosity is a restless beast that won't rest until satisfied sometimes, most of us get curious it's an entirely natural thing but better it not to evolve into an issue like you had or put others at discomfort which is why I go about it they way that I do.

Might be worth you doing also in future :wink:
Reply 13
I don't doubt that he has a partner, I was just confused why she agreed to travel with him to his ex's house, at night, so he could be abusive for the 'offence' of viewing a LinkedIn profile. If he has a history of MH issues then that part is understandable but I can't fathom her tagging along. Oh well.

She was definitely there as I seen and heard her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending