The Student Room Group

Did my interview go well or fail?

It was scheduled to last 45 mins, but only lasted 35. Does shorter time mean I performed badly? Felt like a nice conversation, and we laughed. Most my answers were good and he even praised me a few times saying that's the first person we've heard that etc etc.

I had it last Wednesday and haven't heard back since.

How long do they take to get back to you post interview?

Also I noticed on LinkedIn the job was reposted? Does that mean I failed? It is a large firm so maybe linkedin auto renews?

Any advice?

In total they asked around 9 questions, some of which were general getting to know me question, some were behavioural.

I also noticed him say, "you" alot like he said you would be expected to come in 5 days a week etc.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Fineappleonpiza
It was scheduled to last 45 mins, but only lasted 35. Does shorter time mean I performed badly? Felt like a nice conversation, and we laughed. Most my answers were good and he even praised me a few times saying that's the first person we've heard that etc etc.

I had it last Wednesday and haven't heard back since.

How long do they take to get back to you post interview?

Also I noticed on LinkedIn the job was reposted? Does that mean I failed? It is a large firm so maybe linkedin auto renews?

Any advice?

In total they asked around 9 questions, some of which were general getting to know me question, some were behavioural.

I also noticed him say, "you" alot like he said you would be expected to come in 5 days a week etc.

I don't think finishing an interview ahead of the allocated time is a bad thing. Sometimes ot means you've connected with a panel and have given a good and thorough account of ghe wuestion and they may not have needed to follow up with and supplementary questions. I think believe how you connect with your interview panel is just as important as answering questions.

I always believe that when a panel member gives descriptions of a job role or duties and place "you" in the conversation and not " the successful candidate" in the conversation, they aare picturing you in the role.

Sucessful or not, always get feedback.

Goodluck
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Trocar01
I don't think finishing an interview ahead of the allocated time is a bad thing. Sometimes ot means you've connected with a panel and have given a good and thorough account of ghe wuestion and they may not have needed to follow up with and supplementary questions. I think believe how you connect with your interview panel is just as important as answering questions.

I always believe that when a panel member gives descriptions of a job role or duties and place "you" in the conversation and not " the successful candidate" in the conversation, they aare picturing you in the role.

Sucessful or not, always get feedback.

Goodluck

Thank you, really appreciate this reassurance, hopefully all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending