The Student Room Group

Struggling To Revise, Achieving D Grades - English WJEC

Hello, I'm Jake a student from the Staffordshire based area. I really need advise on getting a C grade in either English Language or English Literature. Preferably English Language. Overall i have been given a C grade in my Controlled Assessment, however with Class work and Mock exams I'm clearly Struggling with this subject. For English Literature we are Studding Mice of Men, Inspector Calls and Heros. I feel that I'm going to achieve a very low grade for my Literature part of my exam. I would like to at least achieve a C grade in English Language.

Please could you offer any advice, revision advise ASAP? I currently own "GCSE English Foundation Level Complete Revision & Practice book from CGP" However i feel that nothing is going in... All of my other Subjects i'm Studding for revision really helps however for my English its a real struggle.

I have been entered into a "Cambridge IGCSE English - First Language" examination in this subject by my teacher to hopefully reach my goal at achieving a C grade at the Cambridge exam. I already achieved a C grade for Speaking part of the exam, hopefully this additional exam can get me a C grade. However does anybody have any advise for revising English Language. Thank You - Jake Round
Original post by JakeRound98
Hello, I'm Jake a student from the Staffordshire based area. I really need advise on getting a C grade in either English Language or English Literature. Preferably English Language. Overall i have been given a C grade in my Controlled Assessment, however with Class work and Mock exams I'm clearly Struggling with this subject. For English Literature we are Studding Mice of Men, Inspector Calls and Heros. I feel that I'm going to achieve a very low grade for my Literature part of my exam. I would like to at least achieve a C grade in English Language.

Please could you offer any advice, revision advise ASAP? I currently own "GCSE English Foundation Level Complete Revision & Practice book from CGP" However i feel that nothing is going in... All of my other Subjects i'm Studding for revision really helps however for my English its a real struggle.

I have been entered into a "Cambridge IGCSE English - First Language" examination in this subject by my teacher to hopefully reach my goal at achieving a C grade at the Cambridge exam. I already achieved a C grade for Speaking part of the exam, hopefully this additional exam can get me a C grade. However does anybody have any advise for revising English Language. Thank You - Jake Round

Get the York Notes; know the plot and themes; remember a few key quotations; do some past papers.

Past papers are great as they get you used to answering questions and recalling information.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending