The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Biomedical Science Course at Queen Mary UL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rickstahhh
Ahh yeah they actually do sort of say the same thing.
I swear a couple of days ago it stated that for AAB you need 2 sciences whereas for ABB you need 3.

I swear I saw the same thing, too! First it changed from originally ABB to AAB (BBB with three sciences,) then ABB with three sciences, and now it's changed again! It's like they're changing things every month. What the hell?

Wait, why do they say exactly the same thing, anyhow? I think it's a typo?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Save.Me
I swear I saw the same thing, too! First it changed from originally ABB to AAB (BBB with three sciences,) then ABB with three sciences, and now it's changed again! It's like they're changing things every month. What the hell?

Wait, why do they say exactly the same thing, anyhow? I think it's a typo?

A very indecisive admissions team haha!
Have you applied to Queen Mary for biomed?
A very indecisive admissions team haha!
Have you applied to Queen Mary for biomed?

Yeah, I have. I applied about a week ago, but still no decision :frown: Have you? :smile:
Original post by Save.Me
Yeah, I have. I applied about a week ago, but still no decision :frown: Have you? :smile:

Ahh ok, I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as possible :smile:
Is QMUL your first choice?

I'm actually an offer holder for medicine for 2016 (deferred entry) at QMUL (Barts).
Original post by Save.Me

I applied on Tuesday but still no decision for me too :frown:
Ahh ok, I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as possible :smile:
Is QMUL your first choice?

I'm actually an offer holder for medicine for 2016 (deferred entry) at QMUL (Barts).

At least I haven't been rejected :biggrin:

QM was my first choice, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm waiting on if they give me an offer and for what grades.

Omg, lucky you! That's great. Congratulations. I actually want to go onto do medicine there, too :smile:

Original post by seph_muriel
I applied on Tuesday but still no decision for me too :frown:

This Tuesday? There's plenty of time :'D they say they reply in around 4 weeks.
Original post by Save.Me
At least I haven't been rejected :biggrin:

QM was my first choice, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'm waiting on if they give me an offer and for what grades.

Omg, lucky you! That's great. Congratulations. I actually want to go onto do medicine there, too :smile:

I'm sure you'll get an offer, as long as your predicted grades are or near the typical offer :biggrin:
Where else did you apply?

You thinking of doing graduate med?
I'm sure you'll get an offer, as long as your predicted grades are or near the typical offer :biggrin:
Where else did you apply?

You thinking of doing graduate med?

My predications are ABB. I flunked AS a lot. I've got offers from NTU, Brunel and Westminster (backup) so far. I'd really like to go to London, but don't want to go to a bad uni for the sake of it :/ I'm waiting on Aston + QM. I know I'm not good enough for the really top unis haha. Brunel said they'd consider me for a lower offer because of circumstances, so I'm really considering them, depending on what QM say.

Yeah, I want to do graduate medicine, hopefully! :smile: What were your overall grades, and which subjects did you take?
Original post by Save.Me
My predications are ABB. I flunked AS a lot. I've got offers from NTU, Brunel and Westminster (backup) so far. I'd really like to go to London, but don't want to go to a bad uni for the sake of it :/ I'm waiting on Aston + QM. I know I'm not good enough for the really top unis haha. Brunel said they'd consider me for a lower offer because of circumstances, so I'm really considering them, depending on what QM say.

Yeah, I want to do graduate medicine, hopefully! :smile: What were your overall grades, and which subjects did you take?

Your predictions are probably good enough to warrant an offer.
Brunel is a good uni too, so you'd be fine either way.

My A level grades (achieved): A*A*A*A* in maths, bio, chem and EPQ. And I also have an A in AS Physics. :biggrin:
Just a word of warning though, graduate med is even more competitive than undergraduate med!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My A level grades (achieved): A*A*A*A* in maths, bio, chem and EPQ. And I also have an A in AS Physics. :biggrin:
Just a word of warning though, graduate med is even more competitive than undergraduate med!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, thanks. I'm definitely considering both of them.

Wow, those results are perfect! :biggrin: well done. You must have worked so hard. I'm so jealous!
Original post by Save.Me
Yeah, thanks. I'm definitely considering both of them.

Wow, those results are perfect! :biggrin: well done. You must have worked so hard. I'm so jealous!

I'm sure you'll get it :biggrin:

Hard work pays off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woowww thats amazing man

If you dont mind asking how did you study for each subject to come out with grades like that....
Original post by Raysfc16
Woowww thats amazing man

If you dont mind asking how did you study for each subject to come out with grades like that....

The advice I give will be resources I used for my specific exam boards.
Exam boards: Maths - Edexcel
Bio, Chem and Physics - AQA

For maths the only thing you can really do is attempt as many questions as possible. I used the Edexcel textbooks - they were brilliant.
This is the book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-Level-Modular-Mathematics/dp/0435519093/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447779556&sr=8-1&keywords=edexcel+c3

For Chemistry I used the collins textbooks. I read each page and then made notes. I used the exam specification to make sure that I only learned the things that were necessary.
This is the book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Student-Support-Materials-AQA-Equilibria/dp/0007268270/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1447779606&sr=8-13&keywords=aqa+chemistry+a+level

For Biology I used the philip allan textbooks. They were quite nice. They only contained the information that you needed. So it was very easy to make notes, compared to the AQA endorsed textbook which was very thick and contained endless waffle.
This is the book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Biology-Student-Unit-Guide/dp/1444152920/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1447779715&sr=8-26&keywords=aqa+biology+a+level

My general advice would be to use the resources that you are most comfortable with. Make condensed notes which you will be able to use near exam time for short and snappy revision. Remember that the process of making the notes is actually more beneficial than the notes themselves. Always use the specification, and tick off topics which you have thoroughly covered.
I never did a single exam paper till around end of March/beginning of April. This was because I didn't want to waste them.
But try and do as many past papers as possible. Even the legacy papers and things like solomon papers for maths.
Original post by mercuryman
Thank you! :smile: And my conditional offer is AAB.

Ah thats good, i've applied with ABB but doubt they'll give me an offer :frown:
Reply 74
Original post by mercuryman
I just got a conditional offer for bio med at qmul (so happy :smile: )

me too :smile: have you put QMUL as your firm choice?
Reply 75
Heyy everyone! I got a conditional offer to study Biomedical Science at qmul... I want to firm it but I'm still not 100% sure! :/ Do any of you know if queen mary will hold an applicant day? :smile:
Hi

Just wondering.. Did you guys have to interview for Biomed?
Does anyone know how many applicants per place and intake number for Biomedical Science at QMUL? Thank you!
Reply 78
What do you need for an unconditional offer from queens for biomed? What were you predicted and your GCSEs ?
I got a conditional offer (AAB) from QM for biomedical sciences:biggrin::biggrin: So happy:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending