The Student Room Group

Questions about Clearing Vs UCAS Extra

From my understanding, Clearing is for if you no longer want to go to your choices, want to pick a different course or didn't meet the grade requirements.
And UCAS Extra is for applying for more choices if the original 5 have already been used

What should I use?

Currently all my options are studying Biomedical Science . I have a conditional CCC from Queen Mary as a foundation year, and a conditional from Uni of Westminster, with a C in Biology necessary. (Picked firm and insurance, waiting on confirmation from Unis).

However I would like to pick Computer Science instead as I realised this is something I'm much more interested in and relating to my hobbies than a science degree.

I've been told that clearing opens on the 5th of July, and I can only apply for one Uni at a time
And UCAS Extra ENDS of the 4th of July.

Should I decline my offers and start applying through UCAS Extra now, or wait for clearing to start?
If you’re happy with your universities just want to swap to a different course then you don’t need Extra or Clearing. Just ring your firm and insurance and ask if they can change your offer to CS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending