The Student Room Group

Are You Outraged By Halal Pizza? Russell Brand

:lol: Watch this. So many people hating on Halal meat.

[video="youtube;tPuqgFzqFG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuqgFzqFG0[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kumon
:lol: Watch this. So many people hating on Halal meat.

[video="youtube;tPuqgFzqFG0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuqgFzqFG0[/video]

I think the furore is ridiculous. Recently, I wrote a blog post on the hypocrisy of the Lynx Peace adverts because Unilever (the company that make Lynx) buy its Palm Oil from a company called Wilmar International which shoots villagers to destroy their land and make room for oil palm cultivation. I've heard almost nothing about this from the mainstream media and I haven't heard of anyone boycotting Lynx. Not all, but a lot of these people complaining about Halal meat don't give a toss about any kind of social justice; they just want to attack Islam. If they cared about animal rights, they wouldn't go to places like Subway or KFC (who are doing a Halal trial apparently) anyway because these places, particularly KFC, are well known for being terrible with animal rights.
Reply 2
Bang on Russel Brand! He wasnt even hating on it but stating the logic
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyway to try and discredit Islam. It would be interesting to see what people say on the day of judgement.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Anyway to try and discredit Islam. It would be interesting to see what people say on the day of judgement.

Will it be Zeus judging me?

**** imagine Zyzz and Zuess, the Gods of aesthetic, judging me.

they'll definitely be mirin my aesthetic on Mt. Olympus, srs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
lol Shakespeare :biggrin:

I don't think I'll be able to say anything.

I'll be dead and my tongue and voicebox will have been turned to ash :redface:.
Original post by ILovePancakes
I don't think I'll be able to say anything.

I'll be dead and my tongue and voicebox will have been turned to ash :redface:.

PRSOM :biggrin:
Original post by SecretDuck
PRSOM :biggrin:

Dammit.. I could have done with that extra +7 rep :wink:.

I kid of course - it's the thought that counts :hugs:.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Dammit.. I could have done with that extra +7 rep :wink:.

I kid of course - it's the thought that counts :hugs:.

:hugs: I don't even remember what I repped you for in the past. I guess I give out a lot of flowers :flower: :flower2:

A Level results day is the only 'day of the judgement' I'm afraid of :afraid:
It's not really racist to be against Halal slaughter

I'm not saying it's better or worse than mainstream methods, I've never seen an animal being slaughtered first hand, so can't really compare, but he seems similar to Russell Howard where he just smugly jerks to his own liberally left-wing ignorance.
It would be interesting to see what people say on the day of judgement.

Ye.. it's people that say stuff like this that makes me discredit religion.

Preying on people's fears.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Ye.. it's people that say stuff like this that makes me discredit religion.

Preying on people's fears.

Awkward moment when your opinion is irrelevant.
Awkward moment when your opinion is irrelevant.

Hello. :bunny:
Meh, it is the deception that I don't like, a substantial amount of Halal food is not pre-stunned. (10% I think). When I want to eat meat, I don't want them to suffer any more pain than necessary to land up on my plate.
I couldn't care less how they're killed as long as I have food to eat to ensure my survival. As a humanitarian that is how I feel. Death to me is just a part of life. Things die so others can live and its just the way things are and always will be. We're not even at the top of the food chain either so if we got killed as food for another animal then so be it. That's just life.

I disagree with the killing of animals for their fur or ivory or other things like sport etc. but I don't when it comes to food and helping us survive and I will never be convinced otherwise.
Reply 17
Original post by Cryptographic
Meh, it is the deception that I don't like, a substantial amount of Halal food is not pre-stunned. (10% I think). When I want to eat meat, I don't want them to suffer any more pain than necessary to land up on my plate.

Watch the video, there is no deception, besides sliting a human neck for example = instant death
Either way you're eating meat and causing its death. Look up how they electrocute them, they dont instantly die either, nor is snaping off a lambs tooth with no anesthetic is "humane"
Original post by kumon
Watch the video, there is no deception, besides sliting a human neck for example = instant death
Either way you're eating meat and causing its death. Look up how they electrocute them, they dont instantly die either, nor is snaping off a lambs tooth with no anesthetic is "humane"

There is deception by omission, I do not have any issue with it being Halal, providing that it is electrocuted prior. The point is, it is not always instant painless death, whether if a meat is not Halal it will definitely been stunned, therefore won't be writhing for a few seconds. Stunning =/= Electrocution.
Reply 19
Original post by Cryptographic
There is deception by omission, I do not have any issue with it being Halal, providing that it is electrocuted prior. The point is, it is not always instant painless death, whether if a meat is not Halal it will definitely been stunned, therefore won't be writhing for a few seconds. Stunning =/= Electrocution.

Stunning isn't > slitting throat
Both are the same
death is cruel

Quick Reply

Latest