The Student Room Group

Why are left handed people so stuck up ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ClaraOswald
Cos they live in a right handed world, with right handed desks, right handed books and right handed cups. What more can you expect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless you live in Japan and other countries specifically in eastern Asia where it's the opposite.
Wow, we must be a huge threat to society :rolleyes:
What does that have to do with intelligence? I've never met someone who thinks they're better because they're left handed. It's been suggested you have different personality traits based on your dominant hand - there are advantages and disadvantages to each, but 'being stuck up' doesn't seem to be one of them.
Perhaps we're not 'playing the victim card', but just stating that a lot of everyday objects - computer mice, video game controllers, scissors, spiral notebooks and fountain pens are NOT our best friends. I'm not saying this out of 'envy or bitterness', it's just a fact that a lot of the world is made for right handed people.
To be honest, it's not something that crosses my mind - I don't wake up every day and think 'I'm so angry at the world'. I like that it makes me different but it's no better or worse than being right handed.

Maybe it's because you've judged 10% of people in the world through maybe 5-10 left handed people you know, but I don't think I like you either :tongue:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You not amused?

No :tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by john0101
They think they're more intelligent than everyone else because they use their other hand and they're always playing the victim card because the world is designed for right handed people and they have to adapt their lifestyle because of it.

You get the odd left hander that's down to earth, but the vast, vast majority of them seem to think they're better than us. Maybe it's envy or bitterness, whatever it is it's very suspicious

I don't like left handed people

Ambidextrous. :smug:
Original post by little_tom
He came back

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2670897

And OP, its because we're superior to right-handed people :dontknow:

Wow...

And haha, I'm actually right handed but I don't really care! Your writing hand shouldn't define you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm left handed and this is possibly the first time I've remembered/been aware and conscious/cared in months.
Reply 46
Original post by Lovinlife2
Hahaha exactly!! I write JUST like you and people always say "why do you write so weirdly?" :colondollar:

I use my ring finger and pinkie as a sled while writing, so I usually end up with ink on them even though I try to avoid pens that smudge, there's no way to win!

Original post by ApeMob
I never do that!? I just shift my paper askew and then write. The hand is officially uncrabbed. :yep:

I tried that for a while but during lectures I didn't have much space so I had to return to the claw

Spoiler

Is it just me who's always been jealous of left-handedness and wishes she were left-handed?
Reply 48
Original post by john0101
they think they're more intelligent than everyone else because they use their other hand and they're always playing the victim card because the world is designed for right handed people and they have to adapt their lifestyle because of it.

You get the odd left hander that's down to earth, but the vast, vast majority of them seem to think they're better than us. Maybe it's envy or bitterness, whatever it is it's very suspicious

i don't like left handed people

posted from tsr mobile

trolling alert.
Actually it is you righties who oppress us lefties! I'm left handed in everything, knife/fork, sports... but not in writing. In nursery, the staff FORCED me to write with my right hand, rather than my natural left hand. Now I'm so used to writing with my right hand, it's my writing hand, but I hold the pen wrong/in a dodgy and my hand hurts when I write. :colondollar:
My Dad was left handed and everyone said he did everything back to front, so he had to learn to use his right hand, He now can use both. He didn't think he was smarter he was told he was stupid for being left handed.
Im left handed and i am not STUCK UP

Quick Reply

Latest