The Student Room Group

AQA AS HISTORY EXAM 14th May thread

Hi guys
anyone doing his1n about totalitarian states? Or anything on Russia and nazi Germany? If so what you thinking the questions might be?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this exam and Russia and Nazi Germany too.
Reply 2
Any thoughts on what the nazi and Russia questions could be?
Reply 3
I'm doing the Totalitarian States unit! My teacher has predicted Rise to Power for Stalin which I'm praying for, got the mnemonic memorised completely.
Reply 4
Original post by Libbie-
I'm doing the Totalitarian States unit! My teacher has predicted Rise to Power for Stalin which I'm praying for, got the mnemonic memorised completely.

Mnemonic? Ah I would love that so much!! Last years 24 marker was so awful aha. Any suggestions for Germany? I'm thinking maybe war communism or collectivisation or industrialisation for 12 mark
Reply 5
Mnemonic's like each word represents a topic so like with Stalin's Rise to Power we have GOLDDIGR (I mainly remember weird ones).
e.g.
G = General Secretary; O = Opportunism; L = Lenin Legacy; D = Death of Lenin; D = Defeat of Trotsky; I = Ideological weakness of Bukharin; G = Grave Mistakes of Zinoviev and Kamenev; R = Ruthlessness.

For Germany I think Limits to Diversity might pop up which will be easy.

If Industrialisation is the 12 marker for Stalin I will probably cry from happiness aha. Could not of handled that 24 mark from last year though.
Reply 6
Wow that's gonna be amazing thank you so much I will learn that for my exam aha. Ew I know about communist ideology agh was so bad industrialisation or war communism would be amazingggg
Reply 7
Original post by Charl97
Wow that's gonna be amazing thank you so much I will learn that for my exam aha. Ew I know about communist ideology agh was so bad industrialisation or war communism would be amazingggg

What leaders are you hoping to go for in the exam?
Reply 8
Original post by Libbie-
What leaders are you hoping to go for in the exam?

What do you mean leaders? I only learnt Germany and russia
Reply 9
Ohh! My school taught all three so we have a choice if some of us are weaker on one. But a lot of schools do teach just two. We do Germany, Russia and Italy but Italy is really similar to Germany.
Reply 10
Oh that's good. Means you have a choice. I've got a two hour English exam in the morning then this in the afternoon. Absolute nightmare aha. Need industrialisation soooo badly ahahah any ideas for twelve mark Germany?
I'm doing britain 1906-1951, and stalin's russia :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Ah I'm doing Britain 1906-1918 changes in liberalism and totalitarian states. Both are so hard but Britain is like a whole new level of difficulty aha
Reply 13
AQA English by any chance? I've got 2 hours of English in the morning too! The 12 mark Hitler I think they may try and pull out a cult question or rise to power, my predictions are mainly what I pray to come up.
Reply 14
Yeah English language b? Dreading it had a mix up with my teachers this year so they didn't finish the course with us ahhhhh
Original post by Charl97
Ah I'm doing Britain 1906-1918 changes in liberalism and totalitarian states. Both are so hard but Britain is like a whole new level of difficulty aha

Britain uuugh is literally election election election election election election....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I had two teachers teaching a unit each and they pretty much refused to communicate also one has only recently started teaching us how to categorise texts so... :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Tudors and peter the great anyone?
Reply 18
I need to find somebody who's doing Vietnam for the source based paper, nobody else seems to be 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Ah thank god I'm not alone aha. Really want an A as well just hoping my coursework will pull it up I guess. I know in Britain there's like an election nearly every week ahhhh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending