Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS HISTORY EXAM 14th May thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    anyone doing his1n about totalitarian states? Or anything on Russia and nazi Germany? If so what you thinking the questions might be?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam and Russia and Nazi Germany too.

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on what the nazi and Russia questions could be?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the Totalitarian States unit! My teacher has predicted Rise to Power for Stalin which I'm praying for, got the mnemonic memorised completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libbie-)
    I'm doing the Totalitarian States unit! My teacher has predicted Rise to Power for Stalin which I'm praying for, got the mnemonic memorised completely.
    Mnemonic? Ah I would love that so much!! Last years 24 marker was so awful aha. Any suggestions for Germany? I'm thinking maybe war communism or collectivisation or industrialisation for 12 mark

ReputationRep:
    Mnemonic's like each word represents a topic so like with Stalin's Rise to Power we have GOLDDIGR (I mainly remember weird ones).
    e.g.
    G = General Secretary; O = Opportunism; L = Lenin Legacy; D = Death of Lenin; D = Defeat of Trotsky; I = Ideological weakness of Bukharin; G = Grave Mistakes of Zinoviev and Kamenev; R = Ruthlessness.

For Germany I think Limits to Diversity might pop up which will be easy.

If Industrialisation is the 12 marker for Stalin I will probably cry from happiness aha. Could not of handled that 24 mark from last year though.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's gonna be amazing thank you so much I will learn that for my exam aha. Ew I know about communist ideology agh was so bad industrialisation or war communism would be amazingggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charl97)
    Wow that's gonna be amazing thank you so much I will learn that for my exam aha. Ew I know about communist ideology agh was so bad industrialisation or war communism would be amazingggg
    What leaders are you hoping to go for in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libbie-)
    What leaders are you hoping to go for in the exam?
    What do you mean leaders? I only learnt Germany and russia

ReputationRep:
    Ohh! My school taught all three so we have a choice if some of us are weaker on one. But a lot of schools do teach just two. We do Germany, Russia and Italy but Italy is really similar to Germany.

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's good. Means you have a choice. I've got a two hour English exam in the morning then this in the afternoon. Absolute nightmare aha. Need industrialisation soooo badly ahahah any ideas for twelve mark Germany?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing britain 1906-1951, and stalin's russia :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm doing Britain 1906-1918 changes in liberalism and totalitarian states. Both are so hard but Britain is like a whole new level of difficulty aha

ReputationRep:
    AQA English by any chance? I've got 2 hours of English in the morning too! The 12 mark Hitler I think they may try and pull out a cult question or rise to power, my predictions are mainly what I pray to come up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah English language b? Dreading it had a mix up with my teachers this year so they didn't finish the course with us ahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charl97)
    Ah I'm doing Britain 1906-1918 changes in liberalism and totalitarian states. Both are so hard but Britain is like a whole new level of difficulty aha
    Britain uuugh is literally election election election election election election....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had two teachers teaching a unit each and they pretty much refused to communicate also one has only recently started teaching us how to categorise texts so... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Tudors and peter the great anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I need to find somebody who's doing Vietnam for the source based paper, nobody else seems to be 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank god I'm not alone aha. Really want an A as well just hoping my coursework will pull it up I guess. I know in Britain there's like an election nearly every week ahhhh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2014
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.