2 hours :smile:
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
How long is this exam?

2 hours
Original post by midnightcities
Yes! That was all for Documents :smile:

You're welcome! Yeah, I can do any of them. Which would you like? :smile:
observations, or whatever you think will come up x
What are the strengths and limitations of unstructured interviews? And structured interviews??? Please help
Original post by Bunny2014
What are the strengths and limitations of unstructured interviews? And structured interviews??? Please help

Just typing OBS and i will do that :biggrin:
Just typing OBS and i will do that :biggrin:

Sorry what does OBS mean? :frown:
Sorry what does OBS mean? :frown:

Observation! Haha. :smile:

Do you want unstructured interviews positive and negative in general or in the context of Education?
Observation! Haha. :smile:

Do you want unstructured interviews positive and negative in general or in the context of Education?

Oh aha! :colondollar: and both if you don't mind :smile: thank you!!
Okay :smile:

Structured are cheap, quick, with large numbers of responses. Training interviewers is straight forward and cheap.

But they're inflexible as you can't explain a misunderstood question or go into more detail and they are only a 'snapshot' of that one moment in time.

Unstructured are informal which allows a rapport to be established. They're flexible which allows new hypotheses to be tested halfway through and it's a 'learn as you go' sort of thing and there's more opportunity for the researcher and interviewee to talk.

However, interviewers need thorough training, which costs money and takes time. It takes a long time in general which reduces your sample size if you're in a time frame and the large amount of quantitative data you're getting makes it hard to analyse.

And then in context to Education;

Practicality: SI's are less developed, pupils (especially young ones) might misunderstand questions. UI's may be difficult to keep to the point for young children, but they are more successful than questionnaires in terms of response.
Reliability: Structured are standardised. But children are unlikely to respond properly to the formal nature of the interview as they see the adult as 'authority' like their teacher. e.g. Bentley showed kids picture of her and her daughter so they viewed her in a 'jokey' manner and trusted her pre-interview.
Access & response: Hierarchy of school means you need approval from several places. Might be reluctant to disrupt lessons. But hierarchy can help as if the headteacher says yes, the teachers must do as he/she says.
Validity: Can adopt strategies to improve validity with children. E.g. Not interrupting, using open ended q's, tolerating pauses and avoid repeating self as the child believes this means their original answer was incorrect. Unstructured is better for power and status inequality as the kids are more at ease, giving a more valid view.
Group Interviews: May be a better choice as it reveals pupil interactions and pupils feel safe with peeers. But it reduces reliability as its free flowing and kids might feel peer pressure and conform to what friends are saying.

There ya' go!

OMG!! THANK YOU!!!! You are literally a GOD SENT!! :biggrin:
OMG!! THANK YOU!!!! You are literally a GOD SENT!! :biggrin:

Ha ha, that's okay! Am retiring from revision for the evening now. I'm sick of it!! :rolleyes:
Ha ha, that's okay! Am retiring from revision for the evening now. I'm sick of it!! :rolleyes:

Ah okay! Thank you for your help this evening! You are way better than my teachers and good luck tomorrow! Im sure you will do extremely well :smile:
Ah okay! Thank you for your help this evening! You are way better than my teachers and good luck tomorrow! Im sure you will do extremely well :smile:

No worries!! I'll still be on here for another hour if you have any questions. You too!! :biggrin:
i'm sooo worried,i always get really worried for exams :frown:
how many marks do we need in each question to atleast to get a c?
what are the prediction for methods in context and methods alone? please!
Original post by aworldalone
what are the prediction for methods in context and methods alone? please!

Structured interviews, lab experiments, Questionnaires
is the education part more important than the methods or the other way round? Or equally important??:confused:
Original post by livvy x x
is the education part more important than the methods or the other way round? Or equally important??:confused:

Equally!
Okay D;
Reply 99
Does anyone have an idea on the grade boundary yet? I have a feeling it's gonna be lowered as this is the first time where there is no January exam and the exam board may want to make it look like a positive result

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending