The Student Room Group

Could I achieve a merit in an access to higher education course if I miss two modules

I'm currently on an access to higher education course, I'm hoping to go to university this year however I have a conditional offer where I have to achieve 104 UCAS points to be accepted.

I started the last of my three subjects which is sociology and I've been having problems since. The issue started when my laptop gave up and I had to go and buy a new one. I was behind on the first module in sociology. I asked for an extension and I was granted one.

However, whilst I was doing the extension I had to also start the second one, and I started falling behind. I couldn't keep up. I did speak to my tutor saying I've completely fallen behind but not much was done on her end.

Because of this I went to some other staff members from various support departments and I sat down explained my situation they did make contact with the teacher and they also helped me to try and organise my workload, but I was still struggling.

My tutor still hasn't done much about it, if I asked for help all I got given was a 24 hour or 48 period extension. I'm now completely behind, my own personal situation has changed.

Because of this, I would like to know would it still be possible to achieve a merit if I skip module one and two of sociology and continue straight to 3 and 4. Module 3 starts next Monday, I feel like I can get back on track if I start from module 3.

Also, I just realised I forgot to mention, Sociology modules have 2 or 3 parts to them, I struggled to catch up but I will be able to manage if I just start from unit 3.
Reply 1
To pass my access course I’ve had to complete all the units. I had to hand in all assignments. The access course I’ve just completed is with AIM awarding body so your’s may be different.
Original post by isilbell
To pass my access course I’ve had to complete all the units. I had to hand in all assignments. The access course I’ve just completed is with AIM awarding body so your’s may be different.

I didn't know this was a thing. mine would be city and guilds, not sure if I am 100% as never heard of AIM awarding body but guessing it would be city and guilds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending