The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

:woo: New Thread :woo:

:animal: Were a very friendly bunch, though be careful of a resident wolf, it can get over excited at times! :animal:

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym
is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

(Got something you thing would be useful here - quote me and I will add it!)

Moderation Message:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
:woo: New Thread :woo:

Messages and Helpful Advice

Moodgym
is a free online CBT program for people with anxiety and depression.

Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health?

Use this great tool here to help you prepare Thanks to River Shadow for finding this website.

(Got something you thing would be useful here - quote me and I will add it!)

Moderation Message:

We all want TSR, and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around the suicide/self-harm discussion ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.

The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately, moderators are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. If you see a post about self harm, suicide or something that is triggering, please use the report function to bring it to our attention.

Please note that intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread. If you see a post containing intolerance or discrimination, please use the report function to bring it to our attention, and please refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask a Health & Relationships Moderator, and a moderator will reply to you as soon as possible.

Can wolfie go back in the OP :puppyeyes: :please:

Posted from TSR Mobile
subscribing in case I decide to stay. hope everyone is well :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah sure :h:
Hey:smile: subscribing.
Subscribing :smile:

Ooh good news, I've found a friend to share a flat with :biggrin: was speaking to her last night and she asked where I was living after the summer. I said I didn't know yet and it turns out she's fallen out with the person she was going to live with so she asked if I wanted to share with her :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
/sub
Original post by Odd socks

Ooh good news, I've found a friend to share a flat with :biggrin: was speaking to her last night and she asked where I was living after the summer. I said I didn't know yet and it turns out she's fallen out with the person she was going to live with so she asked if I wanted to share with her :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! That's a very positive step and at least you're all sorted now:smile:
Original post by PandaWho

Posted from TSR Mobile

:animal: :animal: :animal:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome. :smile:
Reply 9
Sub!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good. How well do you know her and is she tidy (the main thing after your flatmates this year!).
Original post by james1211
Sub!

That's good. How well do you know her and is she tidy (the main thing after your flatmates this year!).

I know her pretty well, we've done drama together for two years now :smile: and I don't know for sure but she's always organised and seems like the type to be very tidy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I know her pretty well, we've done drama together for two years now :smile: and I don't know for sure but she's always organised and seems like the type to be very tidy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

She better be tidy :fuhrer: :tongue:
Original post by james1211
She better be tidy :fuhrer: :tongue:

Haha you can come give her a row if she is :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
YAY! New thread!!!
Reply 14
I have an exam this afternoon which I'm barely prepared for. I feel sick :frown: :sigh:.
new thread WOOHOOOOO :h:

erghh, last night i suffered the consequences of drinking 2L of diet coke, didn't get to sleep till gone 3 despite going to bed at 11 :sigh:

ahh well, feeling alright atm, so we shall see :smile:
Original post by luno
I have an exam this afternoon which I'm barely prepared for. I feel sick :frown: :sigh:.

:hugs: Best of luck!
:woo: :biggrin: New thread :biggrin: :woo:

Original post by luno

Good luck! :smile: :hugs:
last exam today. so unprepared :/
Reply 19
Original post by ScaryScience
last exam today. so unprepared :/

Good luck Scary.
I've got one today too and I'm realy unprepared too.

This is my 3rd, got three more to go. :frown:

Latest