The Student Room Group

English With Greek Mythology?

Does anyone know any universities which do english degrees with greek mythology electives?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by nguyenj
Does anyone know any universities which do english degrees with greek mythology electives?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't personally know - however I have asked some other people to look at this thread and see if they can answer your question.
Reply 2
Original post by Andy98
I don't personally know - however I have asked some other people to look at this thread and see if they can answer your question.

Aww, thanks Andy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by nguyenj
Aww, thanks Andy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha no problem - to be honest I'm a fan of Greek mythology myself
Original post by nguyenj

you might fine it down by giving some indication of the pool you're fishing in.There's no sense in someone's telling you that the Oxford BA in English has a Year 2 option in, I dunno, "Romantic appropriation of classical myth" if you're presently deciding between Lincoln and Cumbria.

EDIT: Here's a combined (and further combined!) one: http://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/286/classical-and-archaeological-studies-and-english-and-american-literature#!structure
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by cambio wechsel
you might fine it down by giving some indication of the pool you're fishing in.There's no sense in someone's telling you that the Oxford BA in English has a Year 2 option in, I dunno, "Romantic appropriation of classical myth" if you're presently deciding between Lincoln and Cumbria.

EDIT: Here's a combined (and further combined!) one: http://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/286/classical-and-archaeological-studies-and-english-and-american-literature#!structure

Ah! Thank you! I just checked it out and I never knew Kent did such a lovely course :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nguyenj

Posted from TSR Mobile

Essex has a Myth Centre within their English department and you can actually do a BA in Literature and Myth there. The ordinary Literature BAs also allow you to take myth modules.
You could always go for a degree in Classical Studies with English if you're really interested in the mythology side.

Quick Reply

Latest