Turn on thread page Beta

Missed an 'A' by 8 marks in Psychology A2... When is the dealine for rejecting grade? watch

ReputationRep:
    I got 90/90 in PYA4, and a decent mark in my coursework... But I got 'U' in the synoptic unit. I still met my uni offer, but would it be worth doing the synoptic unit again and getting it up to an 'A'? Or am I wasting my time?

The only thing I'm thinking is that I may need it in the future [I'm still unsure about the degree I'm doing].

ReputationRep:
    haha, i missed an A in Further Maths A2, by 8 marks too.

this has totally nothing to do with your statement, but hey, i thought i would mention it.

lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd get it remarked if I were you, £37 it'll cost, but if it pushes you to an A, it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ What's the chance that they'll find 8 marks extra though? =/ and if they remark it, do I have to accept the B-grade or can I still resit it?

ReputationRep:
    haha, i missed an A in Further Maths A2, by 8 marks too.

this has totally nothing to do with your statement, but hey, i thought i would mention it.

lol
    It must be the curse of the number 8... Last year I missed an A in biology by 8 marks too!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ If it is remarked upwards they don't charge you!

ReputationRep:
    For declining an award the deadline is the 15th of September.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ If it is remarked upwards they don't charge you!
    Even if they only find one extra mark? Or if it goes up an entire grade?

For declining an award the deadline is the 15th of September.
    Okay, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeebiatch)

Okay, thank you.
    It's if it's changed at all, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the deadline for AQA was the 20th of September.
    Also for AQA, from what I can make out on the website, they only refund you if it goes up a grade.
    8 marks is pretty unlikely to be honest, perhaps resit?

EDIT: As you may see from my sig, I am 4 marks off an A in English, which is bloody annoying. I'm going to resit a couple of the papers rather than have it remarked. That's how unlikely it seems to me that they'll change it by more than a couple of marks. Remember that it can just as easily go down through a remark.

ReputationRep:
    To anybody, what is the process you need to go through to get your paper remarked? I need 3 more marks to get an A in English Lit

ReputationRep:
    I thought the deadline for AQA was the 20th of September.
    Also for AQA, from what I can make out on the website, they only refund you if it goes up a grade.
    8 marks is pretty unlikely to be honest, perhaps resit?
    Yeh, I think 8 marks is highly unlikely too... considering I completely messed it up, they must have marked it quite generously [I was hungover and couldn't concentrate... kept having to leave the hall to throw up and was about 15-mins late for the exam. Needless to say I won't be doing that again!].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkLight18)
    To anybody, what is the process you need to go through to get your paper remarked? I need 3 more marks to get an A in English Lit
    Tell your examinations officer. ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Go to your sixth form/college's examination centre, and tell them the paper that you want to be remarked. Though I think some schools require your teacher to check a photocopy of your paper to make sure that you are going to benefit from having it remarked... Maybe the ones who pay for it?

ReputationRep:
    ? How do I go about rejecting a grade... Can I just resit the synoptic unit or do I have to do them all all over again? And do I need my lecturer's permission?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean 8 UMS marks? because 1 mark is about 2 ums isnt it so it could be possible.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean 8 UMS marks? because 1 mark is about 2 ums isnt it so it could be possible.
    Good question... I have no idea =/ Our college doesn't give us proper slips of paper with all the conversions on, everybody's grades are just written up on boards in the hall! I got 472/600, and apparentely I needed 480.

ReputationRep:
    missed an A in Physics AS by 8 today...following the curse?

ooh I have a theory - have we watched PotC? we might have the curse lol

I also missed a C in Chem AS by 5 marks :p:

ReputationRep:
    Good question... I have no idea =/ Our college doesn't give us proper slips of paper with all the conversions on, everybody's grades are just written up on boards in the hall! I got 472/600, and apparentely I needed 480.
    Yeah that's ums marks so it isn't actually 8 marks, its about 3 or 4 raw marks you missed it by I would think.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats UMS, so its only about 3 or 4 raw marks you missed out by I would guess

EDIT: beaten to it :rolleyes:

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.