The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

haha, i missed an A in Further Maths A2, by 8 marks too.

this has totally nothing to do with your statement, but hey, i thought i would mention it.

lol
Reply 2
I'd get it remarked if I were you, £37 it'll cost, but if it pushes you to an A, it's worth it.
Reply 3
^^ What's the chance that they'll find 8 marks extra though? =/ and if they remark it, do I have to accept the B-grade or can I still resit it?
Reply 4
haha, i missed an A in Further Maths A2, by 8 marks too.

this has totally nothing to do with your statement, but hey, i thought i would mention it.

lol

It must be the curse of the number 8... Last year I missed an A in biology by 8 marks too!
Reply 5
^^ If it is remarked upwards they don't charge you!
For declining an award the deadline is the 15th of September.
Reply 7
^^ If it is remarked upwards they don't charge you!

Even if they only find one extra mark? Or if it goes up an entire grade?

For declining an award the deadline is the 15th of September.

Okay, thank you.
Reply 8
zeebiatch

Okay, thank you.

It's if it's changed at all, I believe.
Reply 9
zeebiatch

I thought the deadline for AQA was the 20th of September.
Also for AQA, from what I can make out on the website, they only refund you if it goes up a grade.
8 marks is pretty unlikely to be honest, perhaps resit?

EDIT: As you may see from my sig, I am 4 marks off an A in English, which is bloody annoying. I'm going to resit a couple of the papers rather than have it remarked. That's how unlikely it seems to me that they'll change it by more than a couple of marks. Remember that it can just as easily go down through a remark.
To anybody, what is the process you need to go through to get your paper remarked? I need 3 more marks to get an A in English Lit
Reply 11
I thought the deadline for AQA was the 20th of September.
Also for AQA, from what I can make out on the website, they only refund you if it goes up a grade.
8 marks is pretty unlikely to be honest, perhaps resit?

Yeh, I think 8 marks is highly unlikely too... considering I completely messed it up, they must have marked it quite generously [I was hungover and couldn't concentrate... kept having to leave the hall to throw up and was about 15-mins late for the exam. Needless to say I won't be doing that again!].
Reply 12
DarkLight18
To anybody, what is the process you need to go through to get your paper remarked? I need 3 more marks to get an A in English Lit

Tell your examinations officer. ASAP.
Reply 13

Go to your sixth form/college's examination centre, and tell them the paper that you want to be remarked. Though I think some schools require your teacher to check a photocopy of your paper to make sure that you are going to benefit from having it remarked... Maybe the ones who pay for it?
Reply 14
? How do I go about rejecting a grade... Can I just resit the synoptic unit or do I have to do them all all over again? And do I need my lecturer's permission?
Do you mean 8 UMS marks? because 1 mark is about 2 ums isnt it so it could be possible.
Reply 16
Do you mean 8 UMS marks? because 1 mark is about 2 ums isnt it so it could be possible.

Good question... I have no idea =/ Our college doesn't give us proper slips of paper with all the conversions on, everybody's grades are just written up on boards in the hall! I got 472/600, and apparentely I needed 480.
missed an A in Physics AS by 8 today...following the curse?

ooh I have a theory - have we watched PotC? we might have the curse lol

I also missed a C in Chem AS by 5 marks :p:
zeebiatch
Good question... I have no idea =/ Our college doesn't give us proper slips of paper with all the conversions on, everybody's grades are just written up on boards in the hall! I got 472/600, and apparentely I needed 480.

Yeah that's ums marks so it isn't actually 8 marks, its about 3 or 4 raw marks you missed it by I would think.
zeebiatch

yeah thats UMS, so its only about 3 or 4 raw marks you missed out by I would guess

EDIT: beaten to it :rolleyes:

Latest