The Student Room Group

horrible gut feeling about university

does anyone else just feel like they've not made it to their firm university, I know a lot of people recommend not to count the marks you get from your a level papers but I couldn't help but count and its ridiculously low - it doesn't help I had horrible exam anxiety and other circumstances that didnt let me perform to the fullest (wrong adjustments done to the exam). So now, I just feel like I won't be able to go to the dream university I've always wanted to go and I was wondering whether anyone else felt the same way and was also planning to do law? - My insurance choice isnt somewhere where I want to go so Idek what I am going to do :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
does anyone else just feel like they've not made it to their firm university, I know a lot of people recommend not to count the marks you get from your a level papers but I couldn't help but count and its ridiculously low - it doesn't help I had horrible exam anxiety and other circumstances that didnt let me perform to the fullest (wrong adjustments done to the exam). So now, I just feel like I won't be able to go to the dream university I've always wanted to go and I was wondering whether anyone else felt the same way and was also planning to do law? - My insurance choice isnt somewhere where I want to go so Idek what I am going to do :frown:

Same!! I’m so glad someone else is feeling the same in the least selfish way possible. I don’t want to do law unfortunately, but im really worrying about getting into uni. Exams have always been such a struggle for me and when I was applying I really thought I would get better but evidently I haven’t. But I suppose you can’t worry until you know so enjoy your summer!! I genuinely believe everything happens for a reason so whatever happens is meant for you.
Also if it makes you feel any better, I was speaking to my sisters who both went to uni and they both didn’t get the grades they expected, but their unis still accepted them. Realistically are they going to reject someone who’s paying 9 grand a year??
yeah I have this as well, im not going to study law but instead psychology which is super competitive too lol.
honestly, the most you can do now is work ur ass off during the summer (but take breaks ofc) so that If you do not get into uni, you have a plan B (like look for a good job over the summer that can be kept long term)
Reply 3
Did they go to Russell group universities? And im so glad to not be the only one in this boat :smile:
Original post by Phiapia
Same!! I’m so glad someone else is feeling the same in the least selfish way possible. I don’t want to do law unfortunately, but im really worrying about getting into uni. Exams have always been such a struggle for me and when I was applying I really thought I would get better but evidently I haven’t. But I suppose you can’t worry until you know so enjoy your summer!! I genuinely believe everything happens for a reason so whatever happens is meant for you.
Also if it makes you feel any better, I was speaking to my sisters who both went to uni and they both didn’t get the grades they expected, but their unis still accepted them. Realistically are they going to reject someone who’s paying 9 grand a year??
Reply 4
What is the offer made by your university? x
Honestly I feel like I need to get a law placement but I also am trying to find a part time job incase I do need to take a year out.
Original post by oxfordthrowaway
yeah I have this as well, im not going to study law but instead psychology which is super competitive too lol.
honestly, the most you can do now is work ur ass off during the summer (but take breaks ofc) so that If you do not get into uni, you have a plan B (like look for a good job over the summer that can be kept long term)
Reply 5

It is fairly normal for unis to still accept you if you miss your grade by 1 or 2 marks. There no guarantee of course, but more often than not they will still accept you, particularly at non Uber competitive ones, and even for places like Cambridge, you still hear of people getting in despite missing their grade. Best of luck.
(edited 10 months ago)
for one I need A*, A, A and another A, A, B.
im really annoyed because I applied to a uni with B,B,B as my insurance but last minute they told me they dont do psychology anymore so I had to decline and couldnt apply for another.

yeah im thinking of finding a psychology based job and maybe just stopping education there because the stress is too much for me to deal with tbh
What is the offer made by your university? x
Honestly I feel like I need to get a law placement but I also am trying to find a part time job incase I do need to take a year out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending