The Student Room Group

Supporting my child

How can I support my child through a devastating A level result resit after gap year
I've run out of things to say, everything seems so cliché. I have twin girls and they want to stay together. They took a gap year after my first twin achieved all her grades AAA for her firm and her sister narrowly missed and decided to retake one Alevel. Unfortunately grade boundaries in maths were horrendous and she's missed again. Too much ( 9 marks) for a remark. Now they have both entered clearing into a university that is okay but not where they wanted. They can't take a second gap year and further failure/ rejection would be too much for them to take. My daughter who achieved her grades is fine with giving up her place at her firm but I know resentment will follow in years to come. We're all putting on a brave face and I keep saying....you tried your hardest...and it's fate....and .....results don't define you...blah blah blah. But I'm aching inside for them. I'm so proud of them both but their dissapointment is killing me. My daughter worked so damn hard at her resit, sometimes working for 8 hours every day! The c was a shock and the uni wouldn't budge, which I understand (AAC) how can I help them through this. Parents, students and tsr advisors....all your imput is really appreciated and needed! Thanks.
Sorry, didn't mean to press anonymous...my post.. Twinmum03

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending