The Student Room Group

Declaring results...

Removed.
(edited 4 years ago)
For my mock I got 95% and my As have been consistent, this paper was hard to a next level, I feel like I probably got a C or a D- if I'm lucky:angry: there is a maths genius in my year and he said he found it hard so it makes me feel better! Haha:yy:
And nope, if you dont like your result you can choose not to use it, its practically worthless compared to gcses, maybe a few ucas points and perhaps some credit but otherwise I wouldn't worry. Also, yeah, those results would be amazing for oxbridge/Edinburgh-I know some A-level requirements are like A*A*A but if I were you I wouldn't worry xD, I'm just happy that I'm not going into medicine because GCSEs arent looked at very much - mostly A-levels but gcses do help, of you need to double chech something just go onto the Cambridge/oxford website :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Askingquestion16
Yeah haha, it was awful! Let's just hope for a 50% A grade boundary right? :biggrin: I might just 'forget' to put it on my UCAS application.

If anything, I'm hoping for 45% is an B but I seriously doubt that xD I doubt that I even got near 45% eeeep
"FSMQ? Nope I havent done that" xD haha
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found this paper so hard. I got As in mocks too, but I think I'd be lucky to get a C in this paper. :frown:

Also, it's a free-standing qualification meaning you don't have to show it (I think, anyway)
Original post by Madmatician
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who found this paper so hard. I got As in mocks too, but I think I'd be lucky to get a C in this paper. :frown:

Also, it's a free-standing qualification meaning you don't have to show it (I think, anyway)

Yeah exactly! Argh lets just protest to OCR to drop the grade boundaries significantly. Lots of people dont try for fsmq and dont really care which makes it good for us because their mark is terrible so the grade boundaries fall

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're all in the same boat I guess then. I hope that last thing is true, because I doubt that I'll be proud of my grade :/

Aww :smile: don't worry, honestly! My friend got a C and it didnt show up because he didnt want it so you're fine :smile: except how do I remove all traces of it? xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha, nobody shall ever know of what I did during Maths in Year 11 xD Thanks anyway for reassuring me that it doesn't matter :smile:

Yeah xD just say every maths lesson you would tutor or something hahaha and no problem :smile: I'm sure you'll do well! If not we can protest to OCR! Clear all evidence of fsmq! No need to thank me :smile: it helped me too xD good luck with your remaining exams!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Anyone else?

This is taken directly from the UCAS website..

'

The information you supply

If we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:

left out any information, including any qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting results,

given false or misleading information,

supplied a personal statement, or parts of a personal statement, that you have not written yourself,

we may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties whether it is accurate or complete.
We have the right to cancel your application without giving you your application fee back, if we determine or (having carried out any necessary checks) or have reasonable belief that your application contains false information or you have not written your personal statement yourself.
If you have any reason to believe that information we have about you is not accurate or complete, you must tell us.'

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html

You must declare any qualification you were awarded a grade for..

Because fsmq is free standing it basically means you dont need to, I have spoken to loads of people about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest