The Student Room Group

Will A failed OCR FSMQ lower chances

Hi there,

I am currently finishing off my ucas application.I have asked both my HoY and Deputy Headteacher regarding whether or not i should include my U in FSMQ.They said i dont need to but i will contact UCAS directly to ask this.But anyway, I plan to apply for non stem subjects like finance/business and accounting ( maybe law too) - will this effect my chances. Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Random3
Hi there,

I am currently finishing off my ucas application.I have asked both my HoY and Deputy Headteacher regarding whether or not i should include my U in FSMQ.They said i dont need to but i will contact UCAS directly to ask this.But anyway, I plan to apply for non stem subjects like finance/business and accounting ( maybe law too) - will this effect my chances. Thanks. :smile:

You have to declare all exams taken pass or fail. To do otherwise is fraudulent and a university if it finds out can remove you from your course. It is extremely concerning that heads of year and deputy heads are suggesting otherwise. Contact ucas by email so you have proper advice to cover yourself. @PQ @admit-one @McGinger can you please confirm this.

Will it lower your chance probably not but not including it will.
When you submit your application you agree to the UCAS declaration:

We may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate and complete if we, or a university or college, have any reason to believe that you or your referee have:

- left out any relevant information, including any previous academic study, qualifications you have completed, qualifications with an unsuccessful grade or qualifications for which you are still awaiting results
- given false or misleading information

We have the right to cancel your application without refunding your application fee if we determine (having carried out any necessary checks), or have reasonable belief, that your application contains false information.

If you have any reason to believe that information we hold about you is not true, complete and accurate, you must tell us.

ALL formal results need to be declared in your education section
Yeah, you must list it but unis won't care about the result so long as you are in the ballpark with your other subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Yeah, you must list it but unis won't care about the result so long as you are in the ballpark with your other subjects.

I did it during GCSE - Do you mean my A level grades?
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
You have to declare all exams taken pass or fail. To do otherwise is fraudulent and a university if it finds out can remove you from your course. It is extremely concerning that heads of year and deputy heads are suggesting otherwise. Contact ucas by email so you have proper advice to cover yourself. @PQ @admit-one @McGinger can you please confirm this.

Will it lower your chance probably not but not including it will.

Thanks - this advice has really helped me. 🙂
Original post by Random3
I did it during GCSE - Do you mean my A level grades?

Yes, chiefly your AL predictions or grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending