The Student Room Group
Reply 1
How on earth are you going to afford $23,000 a year?
Anyway Princeton Review has it at 1324
http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/profiles/generalinfo.asp?listing=1023370&LTID=1
Reply 2

Thats a 1986 on the New SAT; surprisingly low
Reply 3
arkbar
How on earth are you going to afford $23,000 a year?
http://www.princetonreview.com/college/research/profiles/generalinfo.asp?listing=1023370&LTID=1

It's actually $18k a year. I wouldn't be too optimistic about getting much aid though, since it's a state (i.e. controlled in large part by the government) school.
Reply 4
I was going via approximation as it's $23,000 at the UC I'm going to attend but, looking slightly more closesly, it does appear to be $18,000. Still a lot of money.
Reply 5
arkbar
I was going via approximation as it's $23,000 at the UC I'm going to attend but, looking slightly more closesly, it does appear to be $18,000. Still a lot of money.

It's a lot of money, but it costs half as much as most other schools with the same prestige.
On a poster in my counselor's office, the new SAT score was listed in more of the 1950-2050 range (I don't remember the exact).
It's not all about SATs though, keep that in mind.

Yeah, public universities in the US aren't like universities in the UK, they don't try to take more people who are out of state or international just to get more money from them.
Reply 8
shady lane
It's not all about SATs though, keep that in mind.

Yeah, public universities in the US aren't like universities in the UK, they don't try to take more people who are out of state or international just to get more money from them.

They even rejected yours truly. Since it's a public college and paid for by Cali funds, Cali students don't face the same strict criteria as the rest.
^^
My ex boyfriend is from California, he was rejected by UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UCSD but accepted to Stanford and Brown!
Reply 10
UC admissions were really really random this year, a complete crapshoot. SAT scores for UC Berkeley are high enough for in state students, they must be astronomical for out of state. Plus they way over-admitted this year, my friends have gone through hell trying to get classes and sort out accommodation, I have no idea if this will affect next year's admissions. Uh ... not to put you off it or anything.
Reply 11
shady lane
^^
My ex boyfriend is from California, he was rejected by UC Berkeley, UCLA, and UCSD but accepted to Stanford and Brown!

Maybe the private colleges care less about grades?
Bismarck
Maybe the private colleges care less about grades?

No, it's because the UCs have some ridiculous system where you can't get into any of the top three UCs unless you are in the top 5-10% of your class at a public (i.e. state) school. My ex went to a magnet school for talented students. Not being in the top 10% didn't mean much, as he still had an excellent GPA. But thanks to UC's admissions process, he didn't make the cut. Makes no sense in my book.
Thanks a lot guys!
Reply 14
UC Berk is around 40 thousand a year if you factor in living expenses:

http://apps.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=988&profileId=2

Latest

Trending

Trending