The Student Room Group

Edexcel chem unit 4 teacher answers

Scroll to see replies

thank you! :smile:
Original post by LeaX
thank you so much :biggrin: i feel a lot more confident now, definitely made some silly mistakes and i can't remember the values i got for some calculations but i think i might be ok if the grade boundaries are slightly lowered

yeah agreeeed this made me feel better :smile:))))
So many mistakes, dropped 20-25 marks and probably more. Just have to pray that 60 is an A
Original post by scientific222
So many mistakes, dropped 20-25 marks and probably more. Just have to pray that 60 is an A

yeaaah, fingers crossed!
Obviously it doesn't matter because there's nothing I can do about it now, but for the part c question where you have to say what type of reaction it is, do you think i'd get away with condensation?

Thank you SO MUCH for uploading this by the way :smile:
Reply 25
Ah it is over. I made too many silly errors.
Reply 26
Original post by Ian213
so some of the answers in those uploaded slides are wrong? : o can you point one out as an example please, cheers. great help by the way : )

The one about displaying the ester has a hydrogen atom where there should be a methyl group.
Thanks for this.
Reply 28
Around 67. Any chance that's an A*?
Original post by Lazy-
Around 67. Any chance that's an A*?

I really think the A* boundaries this time will be quite low. If they were 70 for jan 11 paper that was very average so this paper will definitely have lower than that. So around 65-66 must be an A*. What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by ChemAnswers
The one about displaying the ester has a hydrogen atom where there should be a methyl group.

oh yea I read that in the previous comments but thanks anyway. It's still helpful in this case since I suppose these small details are irrelevant at this stage :biggrin:
for my esterification equation I forgot to make the arrow reversible! Do I still get the mark?
Original post by Water_fall
for my esterification equation I forgot to make the arrow reversible! Do I still get the mark?

Yes that's a minor error all previous past papers state "ALLOW" both type of arrows
Reply 33
Hi on the question where we had to make two units of that thing
I did displayed formula for the main part of it, but then did ch2,ch3 for the methyl groups that were attached to the main part, do you reckon I'll end up losing both marks?
Reply 34
Original post by jollygood
I really think the A* boundaries this time will be quite low. If they were 70 for jan 11 paper that was very average so this paper will definitely have lower than that. So around 65-66 must be an A*. What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think mid 60s is reasonable for this paper, it certainly won't be 70 or above
Original post by jameskox
Hi on the question where we had to make two units of that thing
I did displayed formula for the main part of it, but then did ch2,ch3 for the methyl groups that were attached to the main part, do you reckon I'll end up losing both marks?

Past paper mark schemes all do that, despite the question saying that you should display all bonds - I should think that'd be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gryffindorgal
Obviously it doesn't matter because there's nothing I can do about it now, but for the part c question where you have to say what type of reaction it is, do you think i'd get away with condensation?

Thank you SO MUCH for uploading this by the way :smile:

Not really sure about condensation. I can't remember any old mark schemes with that kind of question. It's certainly possible that you'll get the mark.

You're welcome - since I had the paper and was going over it with a few friends, I thought I might as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jollygood

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Jan 2010, it was 68/90 for full UMS, hopefully it will be similar boundaries this year!
i got around 60is- do you guys think that will be an A?
Reply 39
Original post by ChemAnswers

Hi there, ChemAnswers, thankyou so much for posting up the answers for unit 4 I was wondering if you could do the same for chem unit 5. It would be very nice of you if you did, and I am sure along with with quite a few other people would appreciate it a lot as well. Thank you for your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending