The Student Room Group

Edexcel chem unit 4 teacher answers

Scroll to see replies

Could u post unit 5 please?
Guys for the question concerning the masses of X and Y (Cacl2) and (Na) I guess for the calculation section that's how I did it,

So it says e.g. 2.30g was absorbed by X (So X absorbed 2.30g water)
and Y excess mass of 1.90 (So 1.90g is co2)

Now work it 2.30/18 for H2O
and 1.90/44 for co2 and hence find the mass of O and mass of H2 and substract them from the overall mass
you will get ratios if you work it out.....
Don't ask me about the rest I F**ed up really bad
Original post by hashimibrahim
Guys for the question concerning the masses of X and Y (Cacl2) and (Na) I guess for the calculation section that's how I did it,

So it says e.g. 2.30g was absorbed by X (So X absorbed 2.30g water)
and Y excess mass of 1.90 (So 1.90g is co2)

Now work it 2.30/18 for H2O
and 1.90/44 for co2 and hence find the mass of O and mass of H2 and substract them from the overall mass
you will get ratios if you work it out.....
Don't ask me about the rest I F**ed up really bad

I think it was 3.6g and 8.8g respectively not 2.3g
would other indicators work aswell? :confused:

ie phenolphalein
(edited 9 years ago)
hey, for the titration question on unit 4, if you got the first 2m question will you get a follow through leading to the kc expression? otherwise you lose all the other marks...?
have you got one for unit 5 by any chance??
Original post by dyingbreed
hey, for the titration question on unit 4, if you got the first 2m question will you get a follow through leading to the kc expression? otherwise you lose all the other marks...?

I think you do but I'm not entirely sure!! I'm hoping we do because I did the same mistake as you haha
Original post by jenigma
I think you do but I'm not entirely sure!! I'm hoping we do because I did the same mistake as you haha

Same here too! We should get follow through all the way - at least, they've always done that in other past papers haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending