Turn on thread page Beta

2014 AS and A2 Results Day (Thursday 14th August) Official Thread - 8 days to go! watch

• View Poll Results: Should Results Day be Earlier or Later than it currently is?
    >4 weeks earlier
    38.00%
    ≈4 weeks earlier
    9.70%
    ≈3 weeks earlier
    11.00%
    ≈2 weeks earlier
    20.50%
    ≈1 week earlier
    5.40%
    It's Just Right
    9.60%
    ≈1 week later
    1.60%
    ≈2 weeks later
    1.40%
    ≈3 weeks later
    0.40%
    ≈4 weeks later
    0.70%
    >4 weeks later
    1.70%

ReputationRep:
    Post your thoughts, hopes and predictions for results day, and, once the day arrives, your results! Good Luck!

COUNTDOWN:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20140814T06&p0=136&fg1=00 7746&fg2=ff6724&msg=A-Level+Results+Day

GUIDES TO RESULTS DAY:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Guide_to_A-Level_results_day
    http://www.studential.com/applying/guide-to-A-level-results-day

MISSING CONDITIONAL OFFER:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2434073

CLEARING/ADJUSTMENT:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4497-expecting-to-be-in-clearing-or-adjustment-in-2014

STUDENT PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS:
    http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/a-lev.htm

FLOW CHART:
    Results day flowchart.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Lol was just about to make a thread but yah beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be more worried about my AS results. Know I haven't performed as well as I'm capable of under the exam pressure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    Post your thoughts/hopes/predictions for results day. Only 64 days to go.....
    Hoping to achieve decent results but I don't have high expectations particularly in my AS AQA Biology unit 2 exam.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm going to be the most underrated student in England.

This is in terms of what I know and what shows up on the damned piece of paper. (Excluding things such as: time, deciphering the language of OCR and just whether OCR feel like being merciful)

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for 4 A's, but idk what's going to happen, had a bit of a nightmare in one of my Further Maths exams

ReputationRep:
    Expecting a B in Psychology, hoping for such or higher.
    Expecting a C in Maths, but hoping I scraped a B or I most definitely wont have got into my firm Uni choice
    Not sure about Biology yet; if Friday's paper goes well then I'll expect a B, which is what I'm hoping for.

I really hope grade boundaries are lower than usual this year due to the lack of January exams. It makes sense and would seem fair but I doubt they'd be nice enough to do that for us

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll be lucky to get CCC, so you can tell I'm dreading that day. I have a panic attack in the exam that was meant to boost my English grade, but I feel I've got a D or E in it.

ReputationRep:
    I need AAB to get into uni, currently think I'll have BBB at best

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to think, hoping for 4 A's at AS but I know I could have done better on my econ2 paper!:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling the 13th will be a sleepless night for many! I'm dreading it - really not sure how any of my exams went, could have completely flunked or done alright!

It makes me angry that what's on that paper that day defines you - IT SHOULDN'T. It's not a reflection of your intelligence, it's not a true representation of real-life working situations, and it's often totally at the mercy of what questions come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RooRoo1)
    I have a feeling the 13th will be a sleepless night for many! I'm dreading it - really not sure how any of my exams went, could have completely flunked or done alright!

It makes me angry that what's on that paper that day defines you - IT SHOULDN'T. It's not a reflection of your intelligence, it's not a true representation of real-life working situations, and it's often totally at the mercy of what questions come up.
    Exactly ! It ridiculous. So.many factors could determine your results, not truly reflecting your capabilities or how you would perform in the work place. Haha rant over!

ReputationRep:
    After c4 today, I don't think I will bother looking at my results.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I already know I'm going to be REALLY disappointed. Was hoping for A*AA but I'll probably end up with ABC, if I'm lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need A*AA in my top 3 A Levels (I do 4) and having finished the exams for 3/4 A Levels I think I've got it already which is a huge relief!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Exactly ! It ridiculous. So.many factors could determine your results, not truly reflecting your capabilities or how you would perform in the work place. Haha rant over!

Oh feel free to rant on! Drives me nuts :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Need AAA for uni, kinda wanted some A*s but yeah that's not happening
    These papers have been so difficult so far

ReputationRep:
    I need A*AA for Durham, which is my firm choice. I've had a really good feeling about all of my exams so far, but there's always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that I haven't done as well as I think... And my Mum is piling on the pressure too - 'if you don't get into Durham then I'll be so disappointed, so you had better get in!' Awww maaaaaaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisystones)
    I need A*AA for Durham, which is my firm choice. I've had a really good feeling about all of my exams so far, but there's always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that I haven't done as well as I think... And my Mum is piling on the pressure too - 'if you don't get into Durham then I'll be so disappointed, so you had better get in!' Awww maaaaaaan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank the Tankk)
    Wow, your mum seems like a bit of a ****, no offence hahaha.
    Good luck anyway!
    Don't worry - she's always annoyed if I don't get 90+% so I've come to terms with it! Thank you, fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.