The Student Room Group

Clearing 2023

Hey can u guys plz let me know which courses are usually in clearing in these unis since the clearing lines aren’t open as of yet, but roughly let me know.

1) University of Manchester
2) Manchester metropolitan University
3) Salford University
4) Edge Hill university
5) university of central Lancashire
6) Liverpool John Moores University
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Hey can u guys plz let me know which courses are usually in clearing in these unis since the clearing lines aren’t open as of yet, but roughly let me know.

3) Salford University
4) Edge Hill university

I dont think anybody will be able to give you any accurate information on this. Typically Manchester will have very few courses in clearing and it is likely the others will have many courses in clearing but which ones nobody can tell.

3) Salford University
4) Edge Hill university

If you have received all your replies and aren't holding any offers, you can apply through UCAS Extra now rather than wait for clearing to open. More info on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7318071
Original post by normaw
If you have received all your replies and aren't holding any offers, you can apply through UCAS Extra now rather than wait for clearing to open. More info on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7318071

Can I decline an offer and apply for ucas clearing instead did that offer??
Can I decline an offer and apply for ucas clearing instead did that offer??

You can decline any offers and make yourself eligible for Extra or Clearing depending on when you do it, yes.
Original post by Admit-One
You can decline any offers and make yourself eligible for Extra or Clearing depending on when you do it, yes.

For example I’ve got an offer for Wolverhampton and I’m definitely not going there so if I decline and add a ucas extra for that place as a substitution can I??
And also how do I add the ucas extra to my ucas profile??
For example I’ve got an offer for Wolverhampton and I’m definitely not going there so if I decline and add a ucas extra for that place as a substitution can I??
And also how do I add the ucas extra to my ucas profile??

Yes, you’ll need to have used all five choices and then decline any offers. You’ll then be in Extra automatically and can apply to anything that is available one course at a time.

NB. If you accept an Extra offer, you won’t be able to pick an Insurance option, only a Firm.

All explained here:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

3) Salford University
4) Edge Hill university

Hi @Alevelhelp.1,

The full list of courses available to apply for in clearing can be found here. We also have lots of information about clearing on our website here.

If anyone has any question about clearing you can call our clearing helpline 0800 028 6677.

You can call our Clearing helpline from 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. On Thursday 17 August 2023, A Level results day, our phone lines will be open from 8am-6pm.

Good luck to everyone waiting for results! :smile:

Pippa
Course Enquiries Team

3) Salford University
4) Edge Hill university

Hi there @Alevelhelp.1, :smile:

You can find our available clearing courses here. If you have received your results you can call us on 01772 830777 and our team will be happy to discuss through your options.

If you are waiting to receive your results on Thursday 17 August our lines are open 8.00am - 8.00pm and on Friday 18 August 8.00am - 6.00pm.

Want to know about how clearing works? Learn more here.

All the best, :smile:
Sarah

3) Salford University
4) Edge Hill university

Hey @Alevelhelp.1,

You can find our Clearing pages on our website here - you can search for areas of interest, and each page will say at the top whether the course is in Clearing or not. Please note these are subject to change, especially around results day next Thursday, so we always recommend giving us a call when you get your results to discuss your options!

If you'd like to give us a call, you can get in touch on 0300 555 5030. Our phone lines are open 10-4pm Monday - Wednesday next week, 7.30am -7pm on Results Day, and 8-6pm on Friday. We are also offering a Callback request option where one of our Clearing team can call you back to discuss your options, as well as the option to Apply online, where you can submit an application digitally that we will then get in touch to review.

If you want to hear more about Clearing, we do have a Clearing FAQ's and megathread going on in our forum at the moment - you're welcome to ask queries/take a read through it here! Just as a heads up - we're going to be going into the UCAS embargo period soon where we can't discuss applications with us, so we might be a little restricted on what we can advise on. From Thursday we'll be back in full force with any answers to questions though!

Best of luck - fingers crossed for you!
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending