The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Tier 4 VISA - English Proof New Regulation?

I have an offer for UA, for MsC in Pet Eng, and looking at visa requirements i found this:

Immigration Rules and Nationality Regulations change: removal of Educational Testing Service (ETS) from list of approved providers
On 10 June 2014 a change to the Immigration Rules and Nationality Regulations to remove ETS BV from the approved list of English language test suppliers was laid before Parliament. This will come into effect on 1 July 2014.
Transitional arrangements will be in place to ensure that genuine applicants who have not yet applied for a visa are not unduly affected by this change.
Those who are overseas can make a visa application relying on an ETS certificate as long as the visa application is made and the visa fee is paid before 22 July 2014.
Those who are overseas and seeking to study in one of the following categories can make a visa application relying on an ETS certificate as long as the visa application is made and the visa fee is paid before 1 October 2014:
- a pre-sessional course lasting no longer than 3 months
- a foundation course awarded at a minimum of level 3 on the revised National Qualifications Framework or equivalent in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- a foundation degree, at a UK Recognised Body or a body in receipt of public funding as a Higher Education Institution
After these dates, visa applications relying on an ETS certificate will not be accepted.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-applying-for-uk-visa-approved-english-language-tests

Is this MSc in this category: "a foundation course awarded at a minimum of level 3 on the revised National Qualifications Framework”?

I just applied for ATAS, and waiting on them to issue the certificate. My concern is that there's no availability for other test (IELTS) until October this year.

I'll be able to use TOEFL as an english test for visa? Is July 22nd or October 1st my deadlines??? Need help on interpretation!

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hi,

1. M.Sc. degree comes in NQF 11 category (equivalent to SCQF 11 in Scotland). So the 1 October 2014 deadline is NOT APPLICABLE for you.

2. If you are planning to apply for a Tier 4 Visa using TOEFL Certficate provided by ETS, then it must be made before 22 July 2014.

If you don't receive your ATAS certificate before 22 July 2014 , then unfortunately you can't apply using TOEFL certificate. You need to take some other acceptable Test approved by UKBA.

​Hope this helps!

Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending