The Student Room Group

applications for core medical training

Is the application for CMT carried out early in FY2? Was wondering when the interviews also take place?
Yes, if you aren't doing something else first. The doctor I was with on elective had interviews around Jan/Feb.
I applied for CMT this year.

Applications open the November before CMT starts (ie 9 months before, so the autumn of FY2 if you want to proceed directly from FY2 rather than taking any time out). Applications are then long-listed for eligibility, short-listed to a Deanery depending on your application score (beginning of January), and then interviews happen during January and February. Each Deanery will have their own dates for interviews, and larger Deaneries will have multiple dates whereas smaller ones might only have one or two. I applied to a Deanery that had several possible dates, and we were allowed to choose on a first-come-first-served basis.

Job offers then begin shortly after the last interview date for your Deanery. This will depend on how many interviews the Deanery carried out, and therefore how many candidates' scores they need to go through before being able to start making offers - but all Deaneries had to start making offers by the beginning of March. If people decline their offers, these then get cascaded down to the next-highest scoring applicants, and I think most people had their outcome mid-March. There is then a round 2 that takes place once all the outcomes from round 1 are known, usually May-June.

http://www.ct1recruitment.org.uk/dates-posts/timeline.html
Original post by Asclepius1
Is the application for CMT carried out early in FY2? Was wondering when the interviews also take place?

In general, all post-F2 specialities open around December with interview Jan - March, CMT or not.
Reply 4
Thanks everyone for the info, unfortunately junior.doctor or nexttime atm PRSOM but will do eventually

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending