The Student Room Group

Can I still apply?! help!

I am going to be applying for uni this September/October. I want to apply for translation and interpretation in German, however, my exams are in May. I don't have an AS in German because I'm doing the full A-level in May in year 13. Do you think I can still apply?
Reply 1
Original post by Daria17
I am going to be applying for uni this September/October. I want to apply for translation and interpretation in German, however, my exams are in May. I don't have an AS in German because I'm doing the full A-level in May in year 13. Do you think I can still apply?

Yes. There are people who take all the exams at the end of Year 13 and the universities must be able to cope with it.
Reply 2
Would I have to ring each university up individually to let them know?
Original post by Compost
Yes. There are people who take all the exams at the end of Year 13 and the universities must be able to cope with it.
Reply 3
Original post by Daria17
Would I have to ring each university up individually to let them know?

To clarify, I understood you to mean that you were applying for university this Autumn for entry in Autumn 2015. If this is the case you just put on your UCAS application that you haven't taken the AS exams yet.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
To clarify, I understood you to mean that you were applying for university this Autumn for entry in Autumn 2015. If this is the case you just put on your UCAS application that you haven't taken the AS exams yet.

Yes that's what I meant. I'm not taking this language as an A-level in school though, therefore I will have no predicted grade. It's just an additional exam, because I happen to speak the language quite well.

Quick Reply

Latest