The Student Room Group

Extra

Hi

A quick question. I have been rejected from 5 out of 5 places for Medicine. Can I apply now again to UCAS with five new courses? Apologies I cannot see how to go about doing this if I can? I would still like to keep my options open for UK universities. Thank you
Original post by mof5
Hi

A quick question. I have been rejected from 5 out of 5 places for Medicine. Can I apply now again to UCAS with five new courses? Apologies I cannot see how to go about doing this if I can? I would still like to keep my options open for UK universities. Thank you

With UCAS extra you can apply for one extra choice at a time. Do check that the course you want to study is still open to applications now that the equal consideration deadline has passed. More information on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7448413
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
With UCAS extra you can apply for one extra choice at a time. Do check that the course you want to study is still open to applications now that the equal consideration deadline has passed. More information on the following thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7448413
Thank you this was very helpful!
Hi there,

I'm sorry you haven't received an offer from your desired universities.

Applying for UCAS Extra might be your best option as it's designed for students who didn't receive any offers or who decided to reject all offers. Through UCAS Extra you can apply between 23/02 and 04/07 so there's still plenty of time.

Additionally, if you didn't meet the entry requirements and couldn't secure a spot, apply for Clearing, which will start running on Results Day and allow you to apply to any available courses and universities.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
"5 out of 5 places for Medicine." - interesting, since you can only use 4 choices for Medicine and the 5th has to be 'something else'.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
"5 out of 5 places for Medicine." - interesting, since you can only use 4 choices for Medicine and the 5th has to be 'something else'.
Thank you for pointing out! It was a typo 4 out of 5 should have been noted.
Reply 6
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Hi there,
I'm sorry you haven't received an offer from your desired universities.
Applying for UCAS Extra might be your best option as it's designed for students who didn't receive any offers or who decided to reject all offers. Through UCAS Extra you can apply between 23/02 and 04/07 so there's still plenty of time.
Additionally, if you didn't meet the entry requirements and couldn't secure a spot, apply for Clearing, which will start running on Results Day and allow you to apply to any available courses and universities.
I hope I managed to help!
Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Thank you for the information much appreciated.
Original post by Nadia2022
Is it allowed to ask for direct emails to connect with anyone on the thread ?

For safeguarding purposes, it is against TSR rules to share socials/emails on site. You can PM another member instead. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending