The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Can I change the course i’ve applied for but keep the same University?

My application has been sent off to Universities and UCAS but i’ve now realised I want to change one of my courses.
I’ve applied to Salford University, and my original course is Digital Video Production and Marketing, but i’ve realised I don’t like the video production and camera side.
I’ve tried substituting it on UCAS but it says I cannot substitute a choice with another choice from the same institution and that i just make another choice.
I don’t want to apply for 2 of the same courses in Salford by replacing one of my other options.
please help!!
Original post by xheyheyhey
My application has been sent off to Universities and UCAS but i’ve now realised I want to change one of my courses.
I’ve applied to Salford University, and my original course is Digital Video Production and Marketing, but i’ve realised I don’t like the video production and camera side.
I’ve tried substituting it on UCAS but it says I cannot substitute a choice with another choice from the same institution and that i just make another choice.
I don’t want to apply for 2 of the same courses in Salford by replacing one of my other options.
please help!!

Contact the university directly and ask to switch the course for which you're applying. Remember to give them your UCAS id when you do so
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia

Contact the university directly and ask to switch the course for which you're applying. Remember to give them your UCAS id when you do so

I emailed them yesterday with all the details etc, checked my emails today and they’ve given me a conditional offer for the course i wanted to change, can I still change it? They haven’t got back to me
Original post by xheyheyhey
I emailed them yesterday with all the details etc, checked my emails today and they’ve given me a conditional offer for the course i wanted to change, can I still change it? They haven’t got back to me

You can still request the change, yes.
Hi @xheyheyhey,

Great to hear you've applied to us! The best way to resolve this is to speak to our enquiries team who will be able to help. You can either email them at [email protected] or call them on 0161 295 45 45. Make sure you're able to provide your UCAS ID number to help them find your application quickly.

I hope this helps and good luck with your application!

Jonny
University of Salford Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending