The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Official 2014/15 Sussex Freshers thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JM_Gxx
Thank you! 5-10 mins are not that long.. I hope I could get a room there 0.o

Everyone seems to think Northfield is miles away when it's much closer to where most people are in 2nd and 3rd year.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by SmallTownGirl
It takes 5-10 mins to get from Northfield to the centre of campus.

Over the last year it took me just over five minutes from Bramber at the central of campus just to get to Lewes Court block one, It'd be more like 10-15 to Northfield for an average paced walker, especially if you're staying at the very back of Northfield.
Original post by SeanToBeWild
Over the last year it took me just over five minutes from Bramber at the central of campus just to get to Lewes Court block one, It'd be more like 10-15 to Northfield for an average paced walker, especially if you're staying at the very back of Northfield.

Well I've been told I walk fast...

But 5 mins from Bramber House to the start of Lewes Court is ridiculously slow.
(edited 9 years ago)
Also, depends where your lecture is. jms etc is far compared to fulton or that new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Also something about ranking.. I'm going to study accounting and finance in September.. I heard sussex has a fine business school. But I just saw a list about the rank of accounting and finance, sussex ranked 52nd in 2014 and 62nd for the year of 2015! And it ranked 78th in Times 2014.. I know ranking is not that important but I'm still upset when I saw that! The requirement is AAB-ABB.. How come would sussex rank so that low?
Original post by JM_Gxx
Also something about ranking.. I'm going to study accounting and finance in September.. I heard sussex has a fine business school. But I just saw a list about the rank of accounting and finance, sussex ranked 52nd in 2014 and 62nd for the year of 2015! And it ranked 78th in Times 2014.. I know ranking is not that important but I'm still upset when I saw that! The requirement is AAB-ABB.. How come would sussex rank so that low?

Those rankings are often based on lots of things. It just takes one pissed off class to give bad student feedback reports and it drops down loads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Would like to know the nearest coach station to sussex?^^ I'm arriving at Heathrow terminal 3 and wondering if there's a direct coach to sussex? Or it would be better take a tube to London brige/ Victoria train station and take a train to Brighton?
Original post by JM_Gxx
Would like to know the nearest coach station to sussex?^^ I'm arriving at Heathrow terminal 3 and wondering if there's a direct coach to sussex? Or it would be better take a tube to London bridge/ Victoria train station and take a train to Brighton?

There's coaches that stop in Brighton City centre then you could get the train to campus.

Not sure how to get on a coach to Brighton but if you do its easy ish to get a train afterwards.

Train the whole way is MUCH easier though. Train to Brighton, Switch, train to Falmer.
Reply 48
Original post by Motorbiker
There's coaches that stop in Brighton City centre then you could get the train to campus.

Not sure how to get on a coach to Brighton but if you do its easy ish to get a train afterwards.
Train the whole way is MUCH easier though. Train to Brighton, Switch, train to Falmer.

Thank you! What's the coach stations name in the one at Brighton city centre? I would like to train the whole way.. But i have to take a tube from Heathrow airport to the train station and it takes at least one hour😭😭😭
Original post by JM_Gxx
Thank you! What's the coach stations name in the one at Brighton city centre? I would like to train the whole way.. But i have to take a tube from Heathrow airport to the train station and it takes at least one hour

It's not a station. the coaches just kind of kick you out near the pier. About a 10 minute walk away from the train station so not that convenient for then getting to the uni.

Coach would take even longer and would require more changing. Definitely take the train.
Reply 50
It's not a station. the coaches just kind of kick you out near the pier. About a 10 minute walk away from the train station so not that convenient for then getting to the uni.

Coach would take even longer and would require more changing. Definitely take the train.

Oh I see.. Seems there are also many train stations in Brighton. Which one is the easiest for me to access to sussex?^^
Original post by JM_Gxx
Oh I see.. Seems there are also many train stations in Brighton. Which one is the easiest for me to access to sussex?^^

You want the train to Falmer. It's just across the road from Sussex campus.
Original post by JM_Gxx

You want Falmer Station, that is literally on the bottom edge of campus.

Most of the time this involves changing at the main Brighton Station.
Reply 53
Original post by SmallTownGirl
You want the train to Falmer. It's just across the road from Sussex campus.

Okay ^^ thanks!!!
Reply 54
You want Falmer Station, that is literally on the bottom edge of campus.

Most of the time this involves changing at the main Brighton Station.

Got it ^^ thank you!
Reply 55
Hi

I have an offer at Brighthelm residences room 3. May I know in which floor is the room 3 in? Is it on the ground floor/ 1st? Please advice. Thanks.
Reply 56
Hi can anybody advice in which floor is the room 3 in Brighthelm residences is placed? I am given an offer for room 3 in Brighthelm but not sure if I will be on the ground/ first. Please advice. Thanks.
Original post by Amirra
Hi can anybody advice in which floor is the room 3 in Brighthelm residences is placed? I am given an offer for room 3 in Brighthelm but not sure if I will be on the ground/ first. Please advice. Thanks.

I was Kent House so don't know. Am sorry. Have you tried calling up the accommodations office to ask?

Why do you want to know? Not comfortable living on the bottom floor?
Reply 58
I was Kent House so don't know. Am sorry. Have you tried calling up the accommodations office to ask?

Why do you want to know? Not comfortable living on the bottom floor?

Hello, thanks for your reply. Yes, I am a girl and scared of being on the ground floor. I know there are five rooms in the house but not sure where is the third room placed.
Original post by Amirra
Hello, thanks for your reply. Yes, I am a girl and scared of being on the ground floor. I know there are five rooms in the house but not sure where is the third room placed.

'Rooms 1-2 are on the ground floor and 3,4,5 are in the first floor. There are two bathrooms and a kitchen / living area on the ground floor. Brighthelm has the reputation as being the best and is certainly the most popular, perhaps because a washing machine and dryer is included in the rent, unlike others. They are built on the side of a moderate hill, so elevated above ground slightly. I forgot to mention, the ground floor has a balcony from the patio.'

Funnily enough i found it on an old TSR Thread.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2398810

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending