The Student Room Group

College help?!

Are my teachers going to expect me to bring my folder to every lesson or can i get away with just bringing one for all of my subjects?
Well when you get to college, most don't really care as long as you are taking notes.
Some people have one, some have multiple, some go home and file notes
I have the same notebook for all my subjects and i write up notes when I get back
Its just whatever suits you best :smile:
It really depends on the teacher and how strict they are. I never brought in my 'folder', (which didn't exist after about a month into school, mind you) except occasionally for Chemistry, since our teacher was known for doing folder checks to see that we were keeping it up to date. But most other teachers just told us to keep it at home as a sort record of all the things we had studied, rather than a bring it into school everyday; since it's old material that we wouldn't particularly need.
Reply 3
It really does depend, in my college at the beginning of the year a lot of my teachers did 'folder checks', but as long as you had a lever arch file at home for each subject then you'd be able to bring that in for them to check, so it should be fine to have one folder for all subjects and then 4 that you leave at home.
Thank you!!x

Quick Reply

Latest