The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Original post by ibrahimz95
Yeah ive got an AAB condition which doesn't seem that hard so I'm pretty much set for it :smile:
Thanksss ^_^
Hahaha yes I know how good the prospects seem atm
Which course will you be taking?

Law and i got an AAB condition too which is pretty easy so I am set for it too. Manchester here we come! All the best to yiu for the coming exams!:smile::tongue:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by pendulumswinging
Hi, I have a quick question. I've got an offer of AAB and they have specified that the A's must be in Biology and Maths and the B in Chemistry. However I dont think I'll achieve this :/, I reckon I'll get the A in Chemistry instead of Maths. I know its not a major difference but knowing what Manchester are like, could they use it to decline me a place? (I hope not)

I'm afraid that if you don't meet the exact terms of your offer they can choose to decline you :sadnod:

Original post by Willow1996
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone knows how much extra work is involved taking a language course at the language school in addition to your degree in the first year? Is the workload of both too much or is it manageable?
Thanks

If you're taking it as a free choice module, then no extra work, because it will replace a module that you would normally have sat in your degree subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're taking it as an extra (which you have to pay for, unfortunately) then it should still be entirely manageable. Lots of people do lots of different time consuming extra curriculars and find it manageable, and this is really no different.

Original post by Faye_m
When does Freshers week start? And when does the first day of classes start?

You can move into halls between 11th and 14th September
Freshers week runs 14th-21st. You will likely have some introductory lectures during that week, and teaching will start properly the following week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1442
I firmed UoM for cell biology and need to get AAB.
My offer states i need to get A's in biology and politics and a B in chemistry.
I have had no official politics teacher throughout the whole of year 13 (a sociology teacher and history teacher have been taking the lesson), and we have not even worked our way through the extensive syllabus. I'm becoming increasingly worried that my politics grade will seriously affect my chances of getting accepted, as I'm sure with plenty of hard work up until the exams I can get two A's in both biology and chemistry...... In terms of politics however I am honestly sitting on a D grade at the moment.

Is there anything I can do? Like get in touch with the uni and apply for extenuating circumstances etc.
We have tried complaining to my school throughout the year but they don't care...
Any international students from Canada on here?
Original post by LonelyPlanet
Same! Everyone, even the only friend I know going to Manchester, is applying for Fallowfields. But it's just too far away, rather be in the area around Victoria Halls and make my life easier for lectures!

What are you studying btw?

Exactly! Its just right, as its close enough to the Uni w/o being to close, and close enough to Fallowfield, if you wanna go out/food shopping and the like :teehee:
Biochemistry with a year IE, What about you? :smile:
I'm suprised you only know one other person going thou! There's 30 from my college.
Original post by Soontobesuper
Exactly! Its just right, as its close enough to the Uni w/o being to close, and close enough to Fallowfield, if you wanna go out/food shopping and the like :teehee:
Biochemistry with a year IE, What about you? :smile:
I'm suprised you only know one other person going thou! There's 30 from my college.

I know three now but none of them are close friends :L
30? That's a lot...lol I only have like 90 people in my year!

I'm doing Law and Politics LLB :smile:
Original post by RaphaelaA
Hi!

Just been accepted for management and leisure, really excited!
Hoping to meet people before I get there so pls feel free to talk to me, i know we're all nervous a little but I was at another university previously so any advice anyone may need pls let me know. :smile:

Hope everyone gets the offer they want!
Goodluck xx

can you please describe you subjects, grades and motivation for this course, i am really interested and may apply :smile:
Anyone else also starting the Foundation Course this year?
Reply 1448
Im choosing Richmond Park as my preferred residence. The box after it says 'If successful which block/house/court/flat.' How do I find out which block or flats are available. I'm not sure what to put as my answer
Reply 1449
Did anybody else get a good luck postcard from Manchester uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FG_x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1451
Original post by FG_x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got one yesterday
Reply 1452

Got one too! Pretty student centred and encouraging! :smile:manchester here we come!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the card, we wont let you down for sure:smile::p:p
Reply 1453
To everyone busy preparing for the exams here's wishing one and all, good luck and all the best for the coming exams. We gonna ace it together! Best of Luck n best wishes!!!!!:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1454
the cards so nice! i put it on my wall for motivation :-)
Original post by Mazzaa
the cards so nice! i put it on my wall for motivation :-)

Me too!!
Think its well nice of them to do that:')

[E]Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by otago
Got one too! Pretty student centred and encouraging! :smile:manchester here we come!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the card, we wont let you down for sure:smile::p:p

Why thank me? haha
Reply 1457
Original post by AR_95
Why thank me? haha

Not you manchester uni i meant there,,,,!! Anyway all the best
Reply 1458
Original post by TSRuserrr9
Me too!!
Think its well nice of them to do that:')

[E]Posted from TSR Mobile

Me three lol :ahee: and yeah a bit of motivation :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FG_x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did! I've pinned it up on my wall for motivation :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending