University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by mjmmwoohoo
I got an invitation for an MPhys interview and visit this morning :smile:

Just wondering, what should I wear to interview? I'm a boy by the way (not sure if this is indicated by my profile as I'm new here).

Also, is it true what I'm reading about being given an interview for physics meaning that it's very likely I'll get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey man, that's great - congrats!

I'm also applying for MPhys but have only received an email saying that they're considering my application - did you get this?

Also was just wondering what your predicted grades are like?

All the best with your interview! :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Jameister
hey man, that's great - congrats!

I'm also applying for MPhys but have only received an email saying that they're considering my application - did you get this?

Also was just wondering what your predicted grades are like?

All the best with your interview! :smile:

Thanks!

Yeah I got that and then about a week later I got my invitation in the post. I wasn't emailed about the interview which surprised me a bit.

I've got an A* in maths already and I'm predicted A*A*A in physics, chemistry and further maths respectively. I doubt I'll get that chemistry grade though.

Thanks! Hopefully you get an interview too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone!!
Just wondering if anyone else has an interview for languages? I have mine for German Studies and an invite for the visit for European Studies and German :smile:
And I haven't got a clue what to wear! I was thinking about this black office style dress but I'm not sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Original post by jdbyrne
Ah wow you should definitely get in! I got 2 As then a C in history after getting As in class all year because I misread the dates on the question! But I am determined to get an A in my retake :^_^:

oops, i guess once in a while everyone makes mistakes XD

The main thing you can do now is to be on top of your revision for History as well as starting your revision early to avoid any issues in the exam in the summer :-D
I hope you do very well in you retake :-) !! Ahh regarding me, hmmm i definetly hope i get an offer so that i can firm it , Insha Allah :-P
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Hey! Anyone get an interview for Drama on the 13th November?! Im soo nervous.
I applied to Manchester for Medicine the other week, definitely my top choice :smile: Just been browsing the student union website and they have a medical students' orchestra and now I've never wanted to get in so much D;
Reply 146
Got an offer to study Politics and Modern History, hope I can get the grades, absolutely can't wait for uni now.
Original post by Temoo
Got an offer to study Politics and Modern History, hope I can get the grades, absolutely can't wait for uni now.

Congratulations! Ahh I'm so jealous, I really want my application to be sent off haha, It won't be done before next weekend I don't think! :frown:
Reply 148
Thanks!

Yeah I got that and then about a week later I got my invitation in the post. I wasn't emailed about the interview which surprised me a bit.

I've got an A* in maths already and I'm predicted A*A*A in physics, chemistry and further maths respectively. I doubt I'll get that chemistry grade though.

Thanks! Hopefully you get an interview too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow... Good job with the maths mate, and I'm pretty much in the same situation as you in terms of subjects and predicted grades except I do biology instead of chemistry...

I'm only worrying cause a guy in my school has received his letter in the post yet I've heard nothing, some people have said it might be that they're tackling it in alphabetical order, I don't know how far down you are, though you handed in your application a lot earlier than mine!
Original post by Jameister
Wow... Good job with the maths mate, and I'm pretty much in the same situation as you in terms of subjects and predicted grades except I do biology instead of chemistry...

I'm only worrying cause a guy in my school has received his letter in the post yet I've heard nothing, some people have said it might be that they're tackling it in alphabetical order, I don't know how far down you are, though you handed in your application a lot earlier than mine!

Thanks! You're bound to get a letter soon then.

My surname starts with M so there's plenty of names left to come after me if that is the way they're doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 150
Thanks! You're bound to get a letter soon then.

My surname starts with M so there's plenty of names left to come after me if that is the way they're doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

M too :wink: and got my interview date set
Original post by Faye_m
M too :wink: and got my interview date set

Oh what date is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Oh what date is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

20th of November
Off to the Access-specific Open Day on the 30th. Excited. :smile:
Reply 154
Original post by aliakhan
oops, i guess once in a while everyone makes mistakes XD

The main thing you can do now is to be on top of your revision for History as well as starting your revision early to avoid any issues in the exam in the summer :-D
I hope you do very well in you retake :-) !! Ahh regarding me, hmmm i definetly hope i get an offer so that i can firm it , Insha Allah :-P

Ahah yeah, I felt pretty stupid, but I recalled my paper and my history teacher said it was an A-grade essay, just irrelevant, so at least I can do the exam as long as I read the question!

You shouldn't worry, you probably will get an offer, best of luck ahah!! :smile:
Anyone applying/applied into the Faculty of Life Sciences? :smile:
Got an offer more than a week ago and I never realised until I checked track today. Somehow I didn't get an email from ucas notifying me.
Reply 157
Applying for neuroscience. But my tutor still hasnt sent off my application which is annoying since i finished it a week ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
Hello, I'm applying for Physics and I have an interview this Thursday (24th).

I've tried searching and people have stated that the interview offer is very likely to end up in a place at the university. However since they increased their entry requirements for physics in 2012 (it is now A*A*A - A*AA) I am unsure what the format of the interview will be like.

Has anyone had their interview for physics yet and if so can they describe what it was like please? I'm incredibly nervous because I'm not terribly great at problem solving which is sure to come up if the interview is academic.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 159
Woohoo just got an offer for PPE at Manchester! So relieved

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending