The Student Room Group

Human Rights MA: Essex, York or Sussex

Hi, I have applied to York 'MA in Applied Human Rights', Essex 'Human Rights and Cultural Diversity' and Sussex 'MA in Human Rights'.

I realize that some unis such as UCL and LSE may be more renowned, but I cannot afford London.

Out of the three mentioned, can anyone let me know which program would be the best and why?

Thank you!
I've been accepted to the Human Rights MA and LLM at York and MA and LLM at Sussex.

Of the two universities, I have chosen Sussex. My reasons are there's much greater opportunities to intern as easy commute of London and Brighton is a more interesting city. Also, from what I could tell, rents aren't much cheaper in York (especially on campus). I can't speak from personal experience to the actual teaching, although I've heard really good things about the York MA.

For me it's a case of - do I want the fullest teaching experience, or am I happy to go it alone more but with the benefits of living somewhere less boring and more convenient like Brighton?

However, I haven't decided on whether I should do the MA or LLM - and also am seriously considering the EIUC MA in Venice...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending