The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi there, I was just wondering when you attended the assessment centre? I went last week and found out I passed yesterday but thought we wouldn't get feedback/marks until April!
Original post by Charlie86520
Hi there, I was just wondering when you attended the assessment centre? I went last week and found out I passed yesterday but thought we wouldn't get feedback/marks until April!

Congratulations! Which day did you attend your assessment centre? Mine was on Friday but it still says 'awaiting event'...
Reply 2182
Hey guys,

does anyone who traveled down for the FSAC and stayed overnight have any recommendations and is the claim for travel and hotel separate? I.e. £120 for hotel and evening meal + travel or £120 for everything (which is massively unlikely).

Anyone got the FSAC on the 13th march?
Reply 2183
Original post by Lauws
Hey guys,

does anyone who traveled down for the FSAC and stayed overnight have any recommendations and is the claim for travel and hotel separate? I.e. £120 for hotel and evening meal + travel or £120 for everything (which is massively unlikely).

I got £120 for the hotel and meal. Stayed in the Premier Inn close to the FSAC - I'd recommend staying there - there's actually two Premier Inns close to it and you should get them within budget.

The travel was separate. I got flights covered and train to and from airport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2184
Original post by PJ07
I got £120 for the hotel and meal. Stayed in the Premier Inn close to the FSAC - I'd recommend staying there - there's actually two Premier Inns close to it and you should get them within budget.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very helpful. Thanks a lot.
Reply 2185
Original post by PJ07

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very helpful. Thanks a lot.
I've tried patience. Now I'm really starting to get annoyed with waiting to find out and it's only been a week!! 😡
Original post by Lauws
Hey guys,

Premier inn just across the bridge, can't go wrong with it. There are two of them across the bridge within one minutes walk of each other. And it's 120 for hotel (inc dinner and breakfast) and then travel is separate :smile:
I had to stay two nights and I got two nights in the premier inn at county hall for £170. Bargain really
Original post by FunkyGuy
Hi,

I'm in the same boat. Do you think this is a good sign given we've heard relatively early for CD in terms of meaning we have a good chance with DS at the next band narrowing? Or is it impossible to read into this at this stage... :smile:

I'm also in this position, did my FSAC on 10th Feb. I was just wondering if you've heard yet?
Reply 2190
Final thing regarding hotel booking, do I just pay with my card then fill out a form to claim back?
Reply 2191
Original post by Lauws
Final thing regarding hotel booking, do I just pay with my card then fill out a form to claim back?

Pay yourself, keep receipts (because you have to send them in as proof) and then you can claim back online a few days after your FSAC... Took a couple of weeks for the money to be paid back to my account. There is guidance on the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2192
Original post by PJ07
Pay yourself, keep receipts (because you have to send them in as proof) and then you can claim back online a few days after your FSAC... Took a couple of weeks for the money to be paid back to my account. There is guidance on the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks again. Unfortunately doesn't seem like I'll be getting much change for my evening meal, hotel alone is £123!
Reply 2193
Original post by Lauws
Thanks again. Unfortunately doesn't seem like I'll be getting much change for my evening meal, hotel alone is £123!

No worries. That's a pity but best of luck anyway bud!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got their assessment day on Friday?

Also anyone have any idea of how many people are through to the assessment centre and how many places are available on the scheme? In general or for Central Departments specifically.

Apparently in 2012 around 3,500 got through to the assessment centre for around 700 jobs.

Thanks for any insights!
Original post by Alittlenightmusic
Congratulations! Which day did you attend your assessment centre? Mine was on Friday but it still says 'awaiting event'...

Mine was Tuesday (10th). I think mine changed from 'awaiting event' to 'awaiting results' on the Friday, so 3 working days later, then I heard I passed central departments on Monday. Still waiting to hear about the diplomatic service though!
I'm really hoping they narrow the boundaries this week, almost one month of waiting :coffee:

I just want my feedback :adore:
Just submitted an application in the second round of Analytical jobs... I really like to look of the graduate programme but judging by this thread there's an awful lot of competition!!
Original post by kat.lev
Hi,

I'm sitting in my hotel doing some last minute prep. FSAC is tomorrow (17th). Anyone else in tomorrow?

Hi,

How was your FSAC?
Original post by Lintu93
Just submitted an application in the second round of Analytical jobs... I really like to look of the graduate programme but judging by this thread there's an awful lot of competition!!

Although challenging/competitive, it is by no means impossible. Definitely worth the effort/time it takes to get through!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending