The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandas&Penguins
I'm not inside the M25 but only 30 min on the train into central London and I have had my overnight expenses approved. I must admit when I read that thing about 'unavoidable' expenses I was a bit apprehensive.

Good to know and has made me feel a lot better about just booking my room!

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by lucy_sky
Hi, which analytical stream are you?

Social research :smile:
Original post by irhzk
Hi all. Been lurking on this page for quite a while but thought I'd come out of the shadows and introduce myself! I went to FSAC on 27th Jan and I heard yesterday, so hopefully the wait won't be too long now for you guys...

Yeah I found out soon after posting that I had passed which was a relief.
Original post by midas85
Social research :smile:

Same here!
Original post by lucy_sky
Same here!

Ah nice to hear from another one, I think I only met one at my fsac, seemed to be surrounded by economists! Where have you been placed?
Reply 2165
Heard about a week ago that my application to the European and Generalist Fast Stream has been successful (HoP is still on awaiting results). Still a bit surprised as it was a bit of a long shot, but obviously very happy.

I received the criminal records forms last week via post and am just getting them ready. My current post still runs until June and I am wondering whether I will have to finish things early or even ask for a short extension. Does anybody know whether there is such a thing as a typical starting date (month) for either of these streams?

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer on the Fast Stream page itself or on the last few pages here.
Congratulations, I think EFS is quite competitive.

EFS this year had a starting date of either September or October. HoP is dealt with separately. If you could get a short extension, that would probably be your best option, otherwise temp work?
Original post by Tas321
Do you only get assistance for your first post?

If I was not required to relocate during my first post, but was during my second or third, would the same assistance be available?

You get assistance for any necessary move. I just got some info back from the fast stream comms people but they essentially didn't go into any more detail than I did.
Does anyone know if they do train season ticket loans?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
Reply 2170
Original post by GManTheGMan
Congratulations, I think EFS is quite competitive.

EFS this year had a starting date of either September or October. HoP is dealt with separately. If you could get a short extension, that would probably be your best option, otherwise temp work?

Thanks, this info is much appreciated. Should be able to get an extension, just have to start looking into it early enough.

You don't happen to know whether the starting date for the GFS is also September or October? Just in case none of the departments actually pick me for the EFS...
Has anyone attended a FSB for DAT yet? Wondered if they'd held any yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by malte
Thanks, this info is much appreciated. Should be able to get an extension, just have to start looking into it early enough.

You don't happen to know whether the starting date for the GFS is also September or October? Just in case none of the departments actually pick me for the EFS...

I think it's September and October for most schemes.

My Induction week had Generalists, DaTs and EFS, I'm not sure about the others as there are a lot fewer of FCOs and HoPs. I've not got my FAQ document to hand, but the best bet to get the answer is to ask on the facebook group.
Reply 2173
I think it's September and October for most schemes.

My Induction week had Generalists, DaTs and EFS, I'm not sure about the others as there are a lot fewer of FCOs and HoPs. I've not got my FAQ document to hand, but the best bet to get the answer is to ask on the facebook group.

Will do, thanks a lot!
Original post by F6053721
Has anyone attended a FSB for DAT yet? Wondered if they'd held any yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DaT FSB guide isn't available yet, so I doubt they've held any.
Just got my feedback. I passed FSAC and got a score of 16-17

How does that compare?
Very decent.
This should be of interest:

https://faststream.blog.gov.uk
You get assistance for any necessary move. I just got some info back from the fast stream comms people but they essentially didn't go into any more detail than I did.

Thank you for all your Info :smile:
Hi,

I'm sitting in my hotel doing some last minute prep. FSAC is tomorrow (17th). Anyone else in tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending